ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Marriage to non-eu national

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

person_with_question
Newly Registered

Marriage to non-eu national

Post by person_with_question » Wed May 03, 2017 12:53 am

Hi all,

I have a visa question and hoping somebody would be able to share their knowledge and experience.

I am an Irish national and I am looking to marry an non-eu national. We are currently in a long distance relationship for the past 18 months and travelling back and forth every 3-4 months.

We have finally decided to get married and are currently looking to settle in Ireland. We are thinking to marry abroad and then apply for a visa in an Irish embassy.

Does anybody know how long the visa application takes? What's the process? How we even begin?

I am employed in a good job and well paid, so there are no financial issues.

Thank you for your help! :)

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Marriage to non-eu national

Post by max307 » Wed May 03, 2017 10:02 am

Can you please let us know your partner's nationality?
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.

person_with_question
Newly Registered

Post by person_with_question » Wed May 03, 2017 10:22 am

Sorry, should have mentioned this initially. My partner is Russian

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Post by max307 » Wed May 03, 2017 10:35 am

Perfect! I guess you can follow two routes once you are married:

- Either apply for a short stay visa 'C' from Russia and then once in Ireland follow the instructions below, in my opinion this is the quickest route.

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/WP07000024

- Apply for a long stay visa 'D' from Russia, according to inis.gov.ie you can expect that you application will be dealt with within 6 months of receipt of all required documentation.

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Join%20Family
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.

person_with_question
Newly Registered

Post by person_with_question » Wed May 03, 2017 12:08 pm

Thanks for your help.
The document you linked mentions going to Garda immigration office. Do you know what visa type or stamp will be issued there? Will there be any waiting period or they will do it there and then?

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Post by max307 » Wed May 03, 2017 2:07 pm

Spouses of Irish nationals are *usually issued Stamp 4 on the spot if you attend the Burgh Quay, Dublin 2 registration office with your non-EU spouse and the required documentation. If you won’t be living in Dublin then you will need to attend your local Garda station.

The Stamp 4 will allow your non-EU spouse to reside, work or study legally in Ireland.

*usually – depends mainly on the immigration officer dealing with you at the counter. Some officers require more paperwork / give you hassle and some are very nice and efficient.

adublin
Ireland

Post by adublin » Sat May 06, 2017 11:34 am

India

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat May 06, 2017 11:38 am

Kindly refrain from posting this link everywhere. It has already been posted once and the moderators are reviewing this a no permission has been sought to post them. Similar to a number of petitions being posted in other sub forums.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.