ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child's passport renewal woes

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gathor
Newly Registered

Child's passport renewal woes

Post by gathor » Wed May 03, 2017 9:25 am

HI there.
My child's passport was about to expire in August so I decided it would be a good idea to renew it before the summer. Well, stupid thing I did. Passport examiner sent me a letter requiring extra documents as for the renewal, and this is where it all started. I sent several emails to the passport office in hope they will clarify the documents needed, I am yet to receive a response that would help me gather necessary info. The letter from examiner says (copied this from my today's email to them):
Any Registration Certificate
I got this actually.
Any Accession State Worker Registration Certificates issued to you or child's other parent, together with P60's, P45's, or pay-slips, confirming your employment with the registered company
What does he mean by the "registered company"? What period the WRS, P60's, P45's or payslips should cover in this question?
These documents must cover the first 12 months of employment in the UK and relate to the same employer over that timescale.
What does he mean by "the same employer"? The letter clearly mentions this earlier:
"nationals from A8 countries were required to register their first 12 months of employment on the Home Office Worker Registration Scheme. In order for your child to get a British passport, this must have been done at least 5 years prior to your child's date of birth in the UK"
so it doesn't say anything about the same employer, I just had to be employed. Does he just need the WRC I had prior to 5 years period from before my child was born? The letter also says " You may be exempt from WRS if you were legally employed in the UK on 30 April 2004 and completed 12 months lawful employment with the same employer" which clearly doesn't apply to me as I arrived to UK after that date. Could it be my examiner got confused by asking me for a proof from the same employer whereas it should only apply for immigrants that arrived to UK before 30 April 2004?

I tried to find every single document I may have and this is what I have (from before my child was born):

P60's and WRC from permanent job (unfortunately I started this job in October 2006 and my son was born in March 2011) P45 and P60 from agencies I used to work for before getting permanent job (to cover for the 5 years period) one WRC from these agencies, I can not find other one for second agency. I got a lot of payslips dating back to 2004/2005 when I first arrived to UK but I don't have the original WRC (one with the photo) though I know it was done in January 2005 (my then employer told me that I don't need anything, I only found out when I visited job centre for the first time and applied for WRC immediately) as my wife has hers and we did it together.

Can anyone clarify this situation for me or at least shed some light on what exactly passport office wants me to deliver? I am completely baffled. Waiting for response to my today's email, perhaps it will have some answers.
This is a matter of great importance to me as this British Passport was the ONLY document my son had. He is left with no identification document at all now.
Thank you for taking your time to read this wall of text,

Kind Regards
Dan

gathor
Newly Registered

Re: Child's passport renewal woes

Post by gathor » Thu May 04, 2017 5:04 pm

Got email response yesterday, my query will be forwarded to the examiner's email. Hopefully he will clear some things up.
Also I dug through every single document I had and found my original WRC, no luck on finding one from second agency (Can I get copy from Home Office Immigration department?). Seems like I need P45 from the first agency (got P60 from them) but I can not find it at all. From what I read it is impossible to get a duplicate (the agency doesn't exist anymore) so I take it I will have to contact HMRC for my employment history?
Any help appreciated, Dan

gathor
Newly Registered

Re: Child's passport renewal woes

Post by gathor » Mon May 08, 2017 9:17 am

Well for those that are interested, still no reply from passport office. I wrote them another email though I got a feeling that they are just not interested in clarifying anything for me. Kinda like send all you got and perhaps we will approve strategy. I am very much disappointed they just left me hanging like that :(

I still can't find anything on "These documents must cover the first 12 months of employment in the UK and relate to the same employer over that timescale." request. All I see is this should not apply to me and I have no idea why such request is being made.
Perhaps I am missing something here?

Regards, Dan.