ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is it possible to Sponsor my Brothers' Wife for Visit Visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Nomi-UK

Is it possible to Sponsor my Brothers' Wife for Visit Visa

Post by Nomi-UK » Wed May 03, 2017 2:32 pm

Hi Experts,

I am on Tier 2 Visa which is valid until 2020. My Wife is Pregnant and i would like to sponsor my parents and my brother's wife with her 2 years old child. They wanted to spend time with us and wanted to see my child.
i am earning really good amount and has own the house. Even my Father is a businessman back home. So there is no issue financially. However, my only concern is that Can i invite all four members of my family for a visit visa (My Father, My Mother, My brother's Wife and my Nephew(2 years old)??.
My Mother is Blind and she can only come with my brother's wife as she completely relied on her. In short, i just want an expert advice can i invite all of 4 members under these circumstances. My father will sponsor the whole visit so i am planing to show the following documents. Please let me know if i need to add any thing extra? Anyone advice would be highly appreciated.

From My Side: 1) 3 Month Bank Statement
2) My 6 months Payslips
3) My House registration document
4) Sponsor letter
4) Utility Bill document
5) My Visa Copy

From My Father side:
1) 6 Months Bank Statement
2) Business Document which confirms that he is a business man and will come back for sure
3) My Father's Tax Documents
4) Utility Bills which confirms his residence back home
5) Letter which clearly explain that he is sponsoring all other member of family.
6) My brother's wife Marriage certificate
7) My Brother's Wife residence proof as she is living with my parents.
8) Letter from lawyer that he is a business commitments after visit which ensures that he has to come back.
9) Medical Insurance for all 4 members. (optional)

Regards

Nauman

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Is it possible to Sponsor my Brothers' Wife for Visit Vi

Post by iworker » Wed May 03, 2017 2:59 pm

all you can apply for is a visitor visa. there used to be a category of family visit visa, which has since been abolished, but even that was for people with ILR or british nationality.
your docs wont make any impact. All that should really be done are the docs they provide at their end, list of which can be seen from visitor visa guidance.
They need to show enough money and links to their home country to get the visit visa.

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Thu May 04, 2017 6:45 am

Nomi-UK wrote:Hi Experts,

I am on Tier 2 Visa which is valid until 2020. My Wife is Pregnant and i would like to sponsor my parents and my brother's wife with her 2 years old child. They wanted to spend time with us and wanted to see my child.
i am earning really good amount and has own the house. Even my Father is a businessman back home. So there is no issue financially. However, my only concern is that Can i invite all four members of my family for a visit visa (My Father, My Mother, My brother's Wife and my Nephew(2 years old)??.
My Mother is Blind and she can only come with my brother's wife as she completely relied on her. In short, i just want an expert advice can i invite all of 4 members under these circumstances. My father will sponsor the whole visit so i am planing to show the following documents. Please let me know if i need to add any thing extra? Anyone advice would be highly appreciated.

From My Side: 1) 3 Month Bank Statement
2) My 6 months Payslips
3) My House registration document
4) Sponsor letter
4) Utility Bill document
5) My Visa Copy

From My Father side:
1) 6 Months Bank Statement
2) Business Document which confirms that he is a business man and will come back for sure
3) My Father's Tax Documents
4) Utility Bills which confirms his residence back home
5) Letter which clearly explain that he is sponsoring all other member of family.
6) My brother's wife Marriage certificate
7) My Brother's Wife residence proof as she is living with my parents.
8) Letter from lawyer that he is a business commitments after visit which ensures that he has to come back.
9) Medical Insurance for all 4 members. (optional)

Regards

Nauman
No need to be overly worried about it. You can invite whosoever you want. The application will be treated as visiting visa. You can only provide invitation letter and a few supporting documents from your side (photocopies of passport and BRP), confirm in the letter if the visitors will be staying with you or in a hotel (provide evidence of your house ownership). Your visitors from their side will also provide all the supporting document required for visiting visa, most importantly financial standing and ties to their home country where they are applying from.
The procedure above has worked for a lot of people I know without any issues. However, things have changed in recent years and no amount of documents can guarantee a successful visitor visa application. You just need enough to convince the case worker. You can only wish them the best of luck as there's no guarantee that visiting visa will be granted. I have heard of parents getting refused including those that have visited UK before. So it doesn't matter if your visitor is your parent of sister in law. They will all be treated as visiting visa.
So let them go ahead with the application and fingers crossed, they might be lucky.
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

Nomi-UK

Post by Nomi-UK » Thu May 04, 2017 2:22 pm

Really Appreciated. Thanks all :)