ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Cancelling EEA(FM) Application and Leaving the UK

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

manicminer
United Kingdom

Cancelling EEA(FM) Application and Leaving the UK

Post by manicminer » Wed May 03, 2017 5:03 pm

Dear all,

My wife and I are about to move back to Asia as we've decided not to stay in the UK.

I'm British and my wife is Chinese.

We have an RC application ongoing with the decision due in Sept 2017.

We will cancel the RC application and move to Asia.

However, the HO has withheld my wife's passport and only returned mine (after a request) along with a standard letter quoting a provision of the immigration act which purportedly allows them to withhold the passport.

The letter also goes on to mention voluntary return contact numbers, but I'm not sure if they are the right way to go.

I don't want my wife to have any re-entry bans or issues when leaving or when making any future visa applications.

What is the best way to organise getting her passport back for when we leave?

Many thanks,
MM.

forestgump

Re: Cancelling EEA(FM) Application and Leaving the UK

Post by forestgump » Wed May 03, 2017 10:06 pm

As your application still in progress you can cancel it and take all of your documents back through this service https://www.gov.uk/visa-documents-returned .
Give them an explanation about your situation and they should return it in 10 working days.