ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Vistor Visa Rejected

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Alixman984
Newly Registered

Vistor Visa Rejected

Post by Alixman984 » Thu May 04, 2017 11:02 am

Hi There,

I'm really hoping that someone could shed some lights and provide some advice on how we can proceed with our situation.

I'm a British Citizen of Iranian origin, engaged to be married to an Iranian lady on 12th of August of this year. We have been planning this wedding for almost 10 months.

Today we got the heartbreaking news that my future father and mother in laws visitor visa applied from Tehran has been rejected. Basically saying that since they are retired they haven't shown enough income to show they can support themselves while visiting us for the wedding. My father-in-law provided numerous bank statements with upwards of £30k in them, with all bank account under his name. In addition, they have purchased a return ticket which should illustrate their desire to go back to Iran, with an international health insurance sorted for their two weeks stay (to provide they are not NHS visitors).

To shown their ties to Iran, they have provided the copy of deeds to multiple houses and shops that they own, with regular rental income.

They had previously been granted a visitor visa 4/5 years ago for 6 months and they returned back to Iran within 2 months.

my finance' in her invitation letter included that they will be our guest staying in our property in London, we included all the receipts from our wedding bookings (i.e. venue, caterings, etc..) showing that we have already spent upwards of £20,000 (i.e. not a sham marriage), in addition and MOST IMPORTANTLY we included a letter from HOME OFFICE that notified us that they have received our marriage notification and they don't see any reason for further investigation, which I believe happens quite often when a British Citizen marries a non-EU person.

The rejection letter has also referred to my fiance' as "he" multiple times, even though people from home office called her twice (for her father and mother's applications). This makes me think that they haven't even reviewed the details in full.

We really want to get married, we worked very very hard arranging this wedding day and by far most of what we have paid is non-refundable, I just don't understand what else we can do. We have provided every bit of information that we could have thought of, obviously, the invitation was my their daughter my fiancee', does it make much of a difference if I send the details?

I appreciate any advice.