ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Home office is not replying after 6 month. I need to travel!

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ehof
Newly Registered

Home office is not replying after 6 month. I need to travel!

Post by ehof » Fri May 05, 2017 12:28 am

Hi there,

I have two passports Slovak and Israeli. The Slovak passport has been at the home office for over 6 months. I have a permanent residence status. I submitted several requestes for it's return online and never heard back from them. The reson I sent it was to support my wife's application.

I now need to travel overseas for work. What do you suggests I do?
Travel with the Israeli passport and get a visa into the U.K. As well as destination countries?

Make another Slovak passport?

Get in touch with the home office somehow?

Other options?

Many thanks!

Hello:2017
Newly Registered

Re: Home office is not replying after 6 month. I need to tra

Post by Hello:2017 » Fri May 05, 2017 10:29 am

Hi
Ask your employer to write a letter to the HO on your behalf, give them all your personal details. I would imagine that a company would have more weight than an individual.
Good luck!

ehof
Newly Registered

Post by ehof » Fri May 05, 2017 11:48 am

Thank you so much for the advice. I run my own company which makes things a bit more complicated I guess.

Hello:2017
Newly Registered

Post by Hello:2017 » Mon May 08, 2017 10:35 am

Ask your accountant to write an official letter for you to the HO. It might take some time for the HO to reply that's the only problem!

I would advise anyone to use the premium service, it's very expensive but worth all the worry!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon May 08, 2017 10:43 am

Hello:2017 wrote:I would advise anyone to use the premium service, it's very expensive but worth all the worry!
Premium service is NOT available for EEA/EU applications.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.