ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Visa - promotion within the same company

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rajan55
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Tier 2 Visa - promotion within the same company

Post by rajan55 » Fri May 05, 2017 1:27 am

Hi friends,
I am working as a Specialty doctor on a Tier 2 visa and have been with the same NHS Trust for the last 5 years. I am due to apply for ILR in a few months time. My trust wants to promote me to a Locum Consultant, is there any problem with it in relation to the ILR. Also, can it be done on the same Tier 2 visa or do I have to apply fir a fresh Tier 2 visa with the same Trust ?
I look forward to your helpful advice,
Many thanks,
Raj

ozayh.malik

Re: Tier 2 Visa - promotion within the same company

Post by ozayh.malik » Fri May 05, 2017 9:42 am

I am not an expert in GP side. If you getting promotion with the same SOC code or responsibilities. The employer must inform the HO but no need to apply for the visa again. If you get the promotion with different SOC code or responsibilities then you have to apply for the new visa. I think another expert will explain more.

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Fri May 05, 2017 9:49 am

all doctors including F1 to consultants are within 2211 code, so you are ok to take on the locum position.,
However, its best if the HR person dealing with the cos and sms, adds a note within your existing cos on sms that you have been given an internal promotion.

simplicity79

Post by simplicity79 » Fri May 05, 2017 5:59 pm

Yes, you can. I am surprised that can a doctor work with same employer for 5 years, as far as I know we cannot work with one nhs trust for more than three years, please correct me if I am wrong.

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Mon May 08, 2017 9:44 am

@simplicity
This is seriously wrong assumption. There is nothing stopping u from working for one trust for as long as one wants.
However, if you mean that 3 years is the longest duration of cos that you can get from one trust, that is a separate issue. It is down to individual trust and your negotiations as to how long you get the cos for. There are certainly trusts out there who are giving 5 years cos now.

simplicity79

Post by simplicity79 » Mon May 08, 2017 7:35 pm

Thank you iworker. Actually my job contract is permanent but they offered me cos for three years.