ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP to ILR but more 3 months outside UK What is the Situati

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

usemobile

HSMP to ILR but more 3 months outside UK What is the Situati

Post by usemobile » Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:41 pm

Hello

I came to UK under HSMP and about to complete 5 years and ready to apply ILR.

Unfortunatly i was on Holiday for more than 3 months (that is 105 days) simply i am nor aware about any things

But my total span in 5years outside uk is less then 6 months.

Please advice me what is the best solutions.

Regards
Ramu

thirdwave
Member of Standing

Post by thirdwave » Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:49 pm

Send in your application by post with a covering letter explaining the reasons for your extended absence and you should hopefully be ok. This issue has been discussed ad nauseum on this forum in the past so have a trawl through the forum and you might find more useful info..

usemobile

Post by usemobile » Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:56 pm

thirdwave wrote:Send in your application by post with a covering letter explaining the reasons for your extended absence and you should hopefully be ok. This issue has been discussed ad nauseum on this forum in the past so have a trawl through the forum and you might find more useful info..
Hi

Thanks for quick response, i was searching this kind of link i cant find.

So what is my situation if they say NO, what is my next option. But they havent stamp outgoing stamp date on my passport as well offcourse entry is there.( Do they keep in/out on their system ? )

I dont want to take risk bcoz i am well settled here with all ...

Cheers

olisun
Diamond Member

Post by olisun » Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:50 pm

Just apply in person and if it fails then send it by post...

U have nothing to lose when applying by person as you don't pay the fees upfront...

I think you will be okay if you got all your papers in order

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:29 pm

I strongly advise that you don't apply in person, as they will often take the fees and then refuse.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

Dawie
Diamond Member

Post by Dawie » Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:59 pm

Being on holiday is not a good enough excuse for being out of the UK for more than the allotted time period. A covering letter is not going to help!

You need a good reason, like a death in the family, sickness, ill-health, or business travel, or some other non-recreational, unavoidable reason. And even then it is still at the discretion of the case worker.
In a few years time we'll look back on immigration control like we look back on American prohibition in the thirties - futile and counter-productive.