ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NCS appointments in London: Only available in 6 weeks!

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dandodex
Spain

NCS appointments in London: Only available in 6 weeks!

Post by dandodex » Fri May 05, 2017 12:16 pm

After obtaining my EEA DCPR document in August last year I have finally got all documentation ready to apply for naturalization.

When I was checking online last year there were lots of NCS appointments available, normally on the same day or at a push the following day or two (I was checking Islington and Camden).

Today it looks like the closest appointments are 6 weeks away.

Seeing as this is not the usual rush in March before the fees go up, does anyone know what is going on? It can't just be a massive surge in people applying for AN.

Dan

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: NCS appointments in London: Only available in 6 weeks!

Post by CR001 » Fri May 05, 2017 12:59 pm

Likely a big surge in applications. Also depends how flexible you are in terms of what is available sooner (i.e. work etc commitments)

You can apply at any NCS even outside London if you wish to, so check other offices.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

dandodex
Spain

Post by dandodex » Fri May 05, 2017 1:08 pm

I am not placing any time restrictions whatsoever in my search, that's what's so surreal... 6 weeks completely fully booked? Westminster has nothing available, you cannot even book.

Checking zone 2 now and lot of them do not let you book online so will have to call. Others do not offer the JCAP service.

So I guess processing times are going to shoot through the roof too.

astonished

Post by astonished » Sat May 06, 2017 11:18 am

That's quite astonishing. I can imagine this surge is quite unprecedented, much like the EU referendum result.

I've noticed processing times for Dec, Jan and Feb applicants have been much slower compared to the same period last year, and this year's April's timelines seem to be going at a snail's pace.

Remember, you can ask for the ceremony to take place at a council different to the one you submit your JCAP application through.

salmintin

Post by salmintin » Sat May 06, 2017 4:22 pm

Probably a huge proportion of them are EU nationals. Something similar happened to DCPR applications last year, when there were so many applicants that decision times tripled in many cases (from 6 weeks to 4 months or more). Many of them are now applying for BC.

If you look at January/February timelines, you'll see the acknowledgement & payment phases take places within days of the receipt of the application. In April, these phases seem to have taken weeks! :shock: