ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 (G) - gap between visas

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

brstl_2017
Newly Registered

Documents for ILR application - post 6Apr'17

Post by brstl_2017 » Fri May 05, 2017 7:25 pm

Hello,

It is slightly confusing as to what all documents that needs submitting for ILR in-person application. Can you please guide. I am on Tier 2 General visa, and have been with same company for last 5 years.

What I have gathered is below, but please add/amend for full list of documents to be submitted,

Main applicant MUST-HAVE documents:
  • SET (O) filled form
    Last 6 months Original bank statement?
    Last 6 months UK payslip?
    Degree certificate (UK degree or NARIC certificate)
    Letter from employer stating this person will be required for foreseeable future, and also confirming salary is more than £35k threshold
    Life In UK pass certificate
    In-person appointment letter
    Photographs?
    Covering letter?
    Anything else?

Main applicant GOOD-TO-HAVE documents:
  • Address proof for last 6 months (Council tax letter, or energy bill etc)?
    P60 for last 5 years?
    Do I need add my previous employer (whom I left 6 years ago) P45?
    HMRC employment history certificate?
    Anything else?
Thanks in advance.

brstl_2017
Newly Registered

Tier 2 (G) - gap between visas

Post by brstl_2017 » Fri May 05, 2017 7:30 pm

Hello,

I am due for ILR next month. Have just noticed that there is gap between end of my last visa and current visa by 13 days! (as in last Tier 2 G visa had end date of 1st June 2015, and new renewed visa has start date of 13th June 2015).
  • Will this be an issue for ILR?

Would it mean that I can't apply for ILR 28 days before completion of 5 years?

What would be the date I will be eligible to apply for ILR?
Thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 (G) - gap between visas

Post by CR001 » Fri May 05, 2017 8:45 pm

Gap in visas not an issue provided you applied before you previous visa expired

What about absence letter from employer/employers??

UK degree is sufficient for English without needing NARIC.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

brstl_2017
Newly Registered

Post by brstl_2017 » Fri May 05, 2017 10:58 pm

CR001 wrote:Gap in visas not an issue provided you applied before you previous visa expired
Yes, the visa renewal was applied before the expiry of previous valid visa. So does it mean the gap of 13 days is also considered for 5 year continuos residence calculation?
CR001 wrote: What about absence letter from employer/employers??
Have got employer letter stating they need me at work for foreseeable future, and with absences from UK. However this letter does not state the 13 days gap inbetween two visas. Do I need to get that added as well?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri May 05, 2017 11:11 pm

The 13 day gap is NOT an issue.

You need an absence letter from your previous employer too.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

brstl_2017
Newly Registered

Post by brstl_2017 » Sat May 06, 2017 7:49 am

CR001 wrote:The 13 day gap is NOT an issue.

You need an absence letter from your previous employer too.

Thanks, much appreciated your advise :D

brstl_2017
Newly Registered

Tier 2 (G) ILR - Application queries

Post by brstl_2017 » Sun May 07, 2017 2:43 pm

Hello,

I have few queries specific to my application/case, can you please advise?

Section 4:
I currently have UK Masters degree. So do I need further English tests or NARIC certificate?

Section 5:
Monthly Salary.
My monthly salary varies based on company performance. So do I enter latest month's salary or the average of 3-6 months?
I have salary both in UK and India. So do I add both of them, or need to show UK salary alone?

Section 6:
6.1 When did you first enter UK (this refers to date of first entry into UK at the beginning of stay on which this application is based)
Should I enter my VERY first entry on other visa category 9 years ago, or the Tier 2 General visa start date?)
6.2 Absences from UK
Do I enter only las 5 years under Tier 2 General, or the absences from other visa categories in last 9 years?

Section 10
10.13 - Date fingerprints were taken last
How to get this exact date as don' recall this from 2 years ago?

Dependants:
If I am not applying dependants along with my application, do I need enter details of them in this application (for example section 10.17 asks about dependant less than 16 years age).

Do I need to submit dependant's documents as well along with mine, and marriage certificate, child birth certificate etc?

Much appreciated and thanks in advance.

mspr335
United Kingdom

Post by mspr335 » Fri May 12, 2017 11:30 am

I currently have UK Masters degree. So do I need further English tests or NARIC certificate?
please check the link https://www.gov.uk/english-language/degrees-in-english
If you have a degree from a UK university, you only need your original degree certificate.
My monthly salary varies based on company performance. So do I enter latest month's salary or the average of 3-6 months?
I have salary both in UK and India. So do I add both of them, or need to show UK salary alone?
I'm assuming it has to be UK salary only
Should I enter my VERY first entry on other visa category 9 years ago, or the Tier 2 General visa start date?)
the date you entered on Tier 2 general visa
Do I enter only las 5 years under Tier 2 General, or the absences from other visa categories in last 9 years?
Absences from the time you entered on Tier 2 general
How to get this exact date as don' recall this from 2 years ago?
where did you give your biometrics ? if it is in post office , they would have attached the payment receipt to your biometric letter and handed over it to you . you can check the payment date

if you are not applying for your dependants, you don't need to provide any of their documentation