ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation-Waiting for external checks plz reply

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

frustated
Newly Registered

Naturalisation-Waiting for external checks plz reply

Post by frustated » Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:49 am

Hi all,

Could any one be kind enough to share his/her experience of getting his/her naturalisation application successful after starting the external checks and how long did it take in total after submitting the application. Please tell me the difference in character checks and external checks and why some people get character checks and other get external checks and some even don't get any thing and their application get through in less than 2 months. I submitted my application for naturalisation on the basis of 10 years long residence and 1 year ILR and it is nearly 4-months completing. Whenever, I phone to the enquiry line about the application's progress, I get the answer that "waiting for external checks" and no more. I got only one letter and that was acknowledegment letter within one week of submitting my application. Would you please tell me what these checks are and how long do they take in this case. Any other experience and advice, you would like to share with me. your help would be much appreciated. I can't even sleep thinking about lingering the application beyond 6-months.

Many Thanks

Frustated

paulp
Diamond Member

Post by paulp » Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:26 pm

frustrated, please check the "TIMELINE AFTER APPLICATION SUBMISSION HERE, PLEASE?" sticky thread.

Medinamoe
Newly Registered

Re: Naturalisation-Waiting for external checks plz reply

Post by Medinamoe » Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:31 am

External checks are:
HMRC databases:
•Child Benefit •Working tax credit •Child Tax credit
DWP Databases:
• JSA
•Income support • DLA
•Pension Credit •Pension Service
Computer System •Single Housing Benefit Extract
•Carers Allowance
Equifax checks
•Court & Insolvency Information
•Electoral roll
•Land registry •Council of M

Also with the current terrorism threat I'm sure they should be a database for those on watch list which the home office will peruse.

source:http://www.parliament.uk/documents/comm ... -FINAL.pdf

Home office doesn't run checks with your country of origin as i understand the reason being some countries don't recognise dual citizenship yet the uk home office still approve naturalisation for these countries' citizens.