ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Register to Vote for GE on 8 June

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jjm07

Register to Vote for GE on 8 June

Post by jjm07 » Sun May 07, 2017 10:01 am

Hello

The Register to Vote deadline is 22 May. My citizenship ceremony will probably be a week before that date. Will I have time to register to vote? What would be the quickest way, online or at the town hall directly?

Any advice would help!

Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Register to Vote for GE on 8 June

Post by CR001 » Sun May 07, 2017 10:05 am

This isn't really an immigration question. Suggest contact your local council or electoral office.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

astonished

Post by astonished » Sun May 07, 2017 12:31 pm

Quickest way would most definitely be online.

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bruteforce » Sun May 07, 2017 1:40 pm

Jujumar87 wrote:Hello

The Register to Vote deadline is 22 May. My citizenship ceremony will probably be a week before that date. Will I have time to register to vote? What would be the quickest way, online or at the town hall directly?

Any advice would help!

Thank you
here

https://www.gov.uk/register-to-vote

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sun May 07, 2017 1:41 pm

If you are attending the citizenship ceremony at the same local council where you will be resident, make inquiries with them whether you can register at the time of the ceremony. Perhaps, they may provide forms for all people at the ceremony.

You may also want to take a paper voter registration form with you and submit it to them, if they are OK with that.

The reason for suggesting this is that even if you register online, the online form is one maintained by Whitehall and they will pass those details to the electoral registration office at your local council. If you are already at the local council for your citizenship ceremony, you might as well as short-circuit the process.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.