ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question about Join Spouse Visa

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mafiosoprincessa
Newly Registered

Question about Join Spouse Visa

Post by mafiosoprincessa » Mon May 08, 2017 11:00 am

Hi all,

Hoping to get some help on a spousal visa application. My husband is Egyptian and we've been married the last since December but been together for 2 years. I'm an Irish national.

I've just finished being a student therefore don't have the required work and financial credentials. Can someone other than myself act as a financial sponsor for my spouse?

Also what is the best way to go about this, apply for a short stay than work out the details for permanent in Ireland, or to apply for the stamp 4 from the Egyptian embassy?

Any help is very much appreciated,
Thanks.

Zoot7
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Question about Join Spouse Visa

Post by Zoot7 » Tue May 09, 2017 4:00 pm

I think you can get another person other than you to act as the sponsor for the Join Spouse Visa.

Basically you find somebody who meets the financial requirements who is willing to sponsor you. You get a written letter from them saying they'll support the couple (you both) while you find work and that you won't have to resort to public funds as a result. Then include that person's P60s, payslips and bank statements instead of your own.

The idea of the sponsor is that your husband doesn't have resort to public funds, as long as he has financial support from somewhere he won't have to do that. I think the immigration office is okay as long as that is true.

I have read accounts from multiple people saying this can be done to get around not meeting the financial requirements yourself.

After the visa (which is a long-stay visa) is granted and he travels to Ireland, he'll get a stamp in the airport that allows him to stay up to 90 days. Then during that 90 day period, the two of you go to your local immigration officer with your passports, marriage certificate and proof of a joint address. Then he should get Stamp 4 permission to remain as the Spouse of an Irish Citizen for 3 years.

Have a look here, note that it's the first method mentioned there that'll apply to you, assuming you go down the road of a Spousal Visa.
http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/inis/pages/wp07000024

The proof of joint address is the tricky one to get, however when me and my wife (I'm Irish, she's from the Philippines) met with our local immigration officer (which was a quiet rural Garda station), all he did was ask for an address - he didn't require actual proof of it in both our names, which made the process much faster for us. Your mileage may vary there depending on who you meet or where you register.

EDIT: The Stamp 4 has to be applied for in an immigration office in Ireland, the embassy in Cairo won't be the one to give you that.

Also travelling on a short-stay visa will make the process of getting the Stamp 4 permission much more difficult and drawn out. It's much better to arrive on a long stay visa (in this case the Join Spouse Visa) to get the Stamp 4 permission, the only negative is that the approval time for the visa can be quite long, but is usually less than 6 months for Irish Citizens. The Stamp 4 itself is usually pretty easy to get after arrival assuming the person entered Ireland on a long-stay visa like the Spousal Visa.