ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Delay to settlement visas

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

AES90
- thin ice -

Delay to settlement visas

Post by AES90 » Mon May 08, 2017 4:22 pm

Hi all,

I called UKVI recently as my query had not been answered and it had been over a week. My previous status check said that the ECO has not assessed my case and it's been over 5 weeks and we chose priority.

The call centre escalated my case and said they will investigate this matter with HO. I knew cases were being delayed as they have a back up so they aren't currently meeting their service standard but didn't know it would affect priority cases too!

Anyway, just wanted to or anyone else who submitted a case recently to not worry and try to be patient - I know how difficult it is!

vsab101
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Delay to settlement visas

Post by vsab101 » Mon May 08, 2017 4:50 pm

My wife applied the entry clearance visa (NON-priority) on 06/01/17 (VFS Ahmedabad, India), we are still waiting for an answer. where did you apply the visas from?

AES90
- thin ice -

Post by AES90 » Mon May 08, 2017 5:38 pm

We applied from Pakistan. Did you status check your visa - what was the response?

vsab101
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by vsab101 » Mon May 08, 2017 5:49 pm

I rang UKVI once, they said there are no updates "just be patient", and emailed twice received similar responses - no updates yet, etc. I have to be honest the customer service is not really efficient. Im just being "Patient".

AES90
- thin ice -

Post by AES90 » Mon May 08, 2017 5:56 pm

I got that a few times when calling UKVI too but it depends who you are speaking to. I was lucky to be speaking to a helpful person who actually assisted with my matter rather than saying be patient - which is the response I got previously.

But bearing in mind - it's important to note that an external company is running telephone centre and response. It's a entry level job that a lot of these people are doing and so this may be the reason behind the inconsistent service provided.

vsab101
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by vsab101 » Mon May 08, 2017 6:18 pm

ah Thanks, ill keep calling them and hope to get the process escalated.

AES90
- thin ice -

Post by AES90 » Mon May 15, 2017 10:08 pm

Hi Guys

Just an update to my escalation. Home Office said

'The application is in the Priority Queue. Payment for Priority Service
means the application will be placed in front of the queue and assessed
ahead of other non-priority visa applications it does not provide any
guarantee as to how quickly a decision will be made; the processing of the
application is still subject to the procedures of UK visas and immigration.'

And yes...it's been 6 weeks and it's yet to be assessed. So upset that we had to apply when a backlog had formed. But what can you do but wait...