ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Family permit issued, NOW WHAT?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kAB
Newly Registered

EEA Family permit issued, NOW WHAT?

Post by kAB » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:27 pm

Dear all, even though I didnt got any reply for my last post about in this forum http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=22460 I figured out abt the Family Permit and applied in Warsaw Embassy. They issued me a EEA Family permit which is valid for 6 months.

My questions are,
DO I have to take a two-way ticket while travelling with my wife to UK?

We are flying to an international airport and then from the same after 2 hours getting connected with a domestic airport, WHERE do I have to do my entry clearance check? Do they stamp uk entry stamp in passport with the date of entry ?

Expecting some answers this time as I am going to buy the ticket tomorrow or the day after!

thsths
United Kingdom

Re: EEA Family permit issued, NOW WHAT?

Post by thsths » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:25 pm

kAB wrote:DO I have to take a two-way ticket while travelling with my wife to UK?
No. A family permit can lead to settlement, so it is perfectly fine to go without a return flight.
We are flying to an international airport and then from the same after 2 hours getting connected with a domestic airport, WHERE do I have to do my entry clearance check? Do they stamp uk entry stamp in passport with the date of entry ?
he domestic flight is most likely in the domestic terminal, so you have to go through border control to get there. Usually the EEA Family Permit gets stamped with the date of entry, but the behaviour of the ECOs is a bit variable in this respect. If you want something specific to happen (e.g. you want confirmation of the date), you can always ask.

Rozen
Diamond Member

Re: EEA Family permit issued, NOW WHAT?

Post by Rozen » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:52 pm

kAB wrote: Do they stamp uk entry stamp in passport with the date of entry ?
Yes, they do stamp the EEA FP with date of entry. I know for a fact, as they did mine.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:07 pm

Congratulations on your new EEA family permit.

Relax. You can come and go to the UK as frequently as you wish. You can find a job as soon as you get to the UK if you wish.

polandtrade
Newly Registered

hi

Post by polandtrade » Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:22 am

hi im also anon eea member and i got my visa from poland also befor 1 year and it was valid for 6 mont so if yu dont have plan to come back to poland for visit or any case you dont need to buy 2 way tiket all what you need just 1 way tiket and when you will be here you have right to work and do any thing during this 6 month so when you come here you need to apply for arasidence card if youer wife she complet 12 month without break and if she dont you need to apply for frms stamp good luck man