ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Understanding INIS email responses

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

chels
Mood:
Ireland

Understanding INIS email responses

Post by chels » Tue May 09, 2017 11:52 am

Hi there,

I just wanted to see if someone could confirm for me whether my understanding of the meaning behind INIS email responses is correct. Here's is how I understand it to be:

Example 1: Pre-Acknowledgement
  • I can confirm that your application was received by this Department on
    XX/XX/XXXX. You should be receiving an acknowledgement letter over the
    coming days regarding same. Your application reference number is
    XXXXXXX-CITZ-17.
Example 2: Initial Stage
  • Your application continues to be processed. While it is not possible to
    give an exact timeframe, this office will be in touch as soon as a decision
    has been reached.
Example 3: Is this Second Stage or Advanced???
  • Your application is currently being processed with a view to establishing
    whether it meets the statutory conditions for the granting of
    naturalisation, such as good character and lawful residence, and will be
    submitted to the Minister for decision as expeditiously as possible.
I am asking as I received the Example 3 response today after inquiring about the progress of my application. It is the first time I have received that particular response but I haven't yet received a second stage letter so not sure where that puts me. I read on here that in some cases they do not send a letter for second stage. Many thanks for any input you can provide. My timeline is below:

Application Based On: British Citizen Civil Partner of Irish Citizen, 3 years residency
Applied On: 19th Jan, 2017
Application Received On: 20th Jan, 2017
Acknowledgement: (Dated) 31st Jan, 2016 (Received) 3rd Feb, 2017
Original Passport Returned On: 3rd Feb, 2017
Second Letter: Pending
Approval Letter: Pending

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Understanding INIS email responses

Post by max307 » Tue May 09, 2017 12:32 pm

It looks like your application is at initial stage, once you application is initially assessed you should get a letter from them saying "Your application has now been initially assessed and has proceeded to the second stage of processing".

If in doubt just send them an e-mail asking if the application has been initially assessed just to be sure.
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.

chels
Mood:
Ireland

Post by chels » Tue May 09, 2017 12:49 pm

max307 wrote:It looks like your application is at initial stage, once you application is initially assessed you should get a letter from them saying "Your application has now been initially assessed and has proceeded to the second stage of processing".

If in doubt just send them an e-mail asking if the application has been initially assessed just to be sure.
Hi Max307 thanks for your speedy reply! I'm not sure if I 100% agree that I am still in initial stage though. Based on other posts I have read in the 2016 timeline forum. Posters there were advising people with the same email response as I got that this is indicative of second stage even if no letter has been received. I am expecting that I will get an actual second stage letter shortly, I emailed them yesterday so perhaps they haven't got around to sending the letter out but they responded with the second stage email response anyway? I don't know, could also be wishful thinking on my part. I did explicitly ask about the stage in my email which read:

"I just wanted to inquire as to the progress of my application XXXXXXX-CITZ-17. I applied at the end of January and received my acknowledgement for you shortly there after. I was just wondering whether or not my application has progressed through to the second stage of assessment yet or whether it is still in the initial processing phase. I appreciate your offices are likely very busy so I am extremely grateful for your reply."

The email response I got doesn't mention a stage at all but it is definitely different from the one I received 6 weeks ago (see email example 2) so that is what gives me hope that things have progressed somewhat.

pukon_check

Post by pukon_check » Tue May 09, 2017 1:07 pm

Hi there
If you email to inis they will send eventually the email meaning as previous email.as long as it's in initial stages the email response will be pretty much same..
Now compare to nomal cases you should get ur second letter soon and on the other hard if u lucky u might get second letter n approval together..
However it's a wait and see game can't push too much because ur application didn't exceed 6 months time frame..
The upcoming ceremony is too close to get approval and I believe in September there will be a big one..
If u receive your second letter by then u can accept an approval for the next ceremony..
Honestly I know lot of applicants wait they applied last year or so..
Cheers

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Post by max307 » Tue May 09, 2017 2:50 pm

If they have not mentioned that your application has been initially assessed and has proceeded to the second stage of processing on their e-mails or letters to you I believe you are on initial stage. Anyways if you want to double check send them a quick e-mail asking if the application has been initially assessed?
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.