ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PR application was refused, but HO suggested to reapply

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ffl2233
Newly Registered

PR application was refused, but HO suggested to reapply

Post by ffl2233 » Tue May 09, 2017 12:19 pm

My PR application was refused in April 2017, the reason for it is "I did not provide my wife's passport", I submitted my first PR application in October 2016 without my wife's passport, cz she needed it for travel as nature of her work, and I explained it in a cover letter attached to HO, I also mentioned that would able to submit her passport after she came back, but I heard nothing back from HO regarding to it, then I contacted them many times via phone calls, emails, and letters, again zero feedback. Until two days before Easter in April 2017, HO tried to call me urgently when I was travelling around UK, my phone was turned off and they contacted my wife's work to leave a message that they wanted to talk to me urgently but didn't leave any contact number...... few days after Easter I received the decision letter with my passport (Chinese Passport) retained, no rights to appeal, and suggestions to re-apply.

I submitted a second PR application with my wife's passport (Irish Passport) and another cover letter to explain why I am re-applying in April 2017, fee taken few days after in April, I would really appreciate if anyone could clarify my enquires below:

1, Am I going to receive another " certificate of application" for my second application? and am I allowed to work after submitted my wife's irish passport with it?

2, How come my passport was retained?

3, How long the second application will take? another 6 months or longer?

Thanks heaps guys
Much appreciated

vinny

Re: PR application was refused, but HO suggested to reapply

Post by vinny » Tue May 09, 2017 12:34 pm

Their refusal may be unlawful, if you supplied your wife's passport in a previous sucessful application.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

ffl2233
Newly Registered

Post by ffl2233 » Tue May 09, 2017 12:48 pm

vinny wrote:Their refusal may be unlawful, if you supplied your wife's passport in a previous sucessful application.
True. I would get my PR sorted now if I submitted my wife's passport last year.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue May 09, 2017 12:56 pm

Didn't you previously apply successfully for a residence card?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

ffl2233
Newly Registered

Post by ffl2233 » Tue May 09, 2017 1:22 pm

vinny wrote:Didn't you previously apply successfully for a residence card?
I have not successfully applied for a residence card before, the HO refused my first application due to “i did not provide my wife's passport”, thats why the HO suggested me to re-apply!

Pina123
United Kingdom

Post by Pina123 » Tue May 09, 2017 4:46 pm

Did your coa come with rights to work initially eventhough you didn't supply your wife's passport?

ffl2233
Newly Registered

Post by ffl2233 » Tue May 09, 2017 6:22 pm

missflmack wrote:Did your coa come with rights to work initially eventhough you didn't supply your wife's passport?
Nope! I was not allowed to work cz I did not supply my wife's passport....hopefully I will be allowed to work after I submitted my wife's passport for the second application.... and im still waiting for COA for the second try!

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue May 09, 2017 11:30 pm

How long have you been living in the UK under the EEA regulations?

ffl2233
Newly Registered

Post by ffl2233 » Wed May 10, 2017 10:04 am

vinny wrote:How long have you been living in the UK under the EEA regulations?
8 months so far... and my EEA FP expired when I was waiting for the first PR application back in Jan 2017! after HO refused my application, they suggested me to re-apply! but, I entered UK (Northern Ireland) from Ireland, and I do have Ireland PR attached in the passport, they should be able to see it.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed May 10, 2017 10:11 am

What is your wife's nationality?

If you were not residing in the UK (including Northern Ireland) for at least 5 years, then you cannot apply for PR in the UK. You should apply for a residence card.

ffl2233
Newly Registered

Post by ffl2233 » Wed May 10, 2017 1:53 pm

vinny wrote:What is your wife's nationality?

If you were not residing in the UK (including Northern Ireland) for at least 5 years, then you cannot apply for PR in the UK. You should apply for a residence card.
She is Irish national, and I am applying a residence card, not a Permanent Residence Card, sorry my fault!