ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Children and NCS. Travel?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

seasky
BANNED
United Kingdom

Children and NCS. Travel?

Post by seasky » Wed May 10, 2017 3:02 pm

My understanding that after going to NCS with children born in UK to (now) ILR parents, they do not actually take the passports.

Status is they have T1 dependent till August (do you hand over their current BRPs when applying?)

Can they travel abroad in the meanwhile till they get BC? Does it make a difference before/after their current leave expiry (USA passport so no issues of 'normal' visa to visit UK)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Children and NCS. Travel?

Post by CR001 » Wed May 10, 2017 3:08 pm

You get to keep all original documents.

Children are also required to enroll biometrics so plan accordingly.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

seasky
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by seasky » Wed May 10, 2017 3:28 pm

CR001 wrote:You get to keep all original documents.

Children are also required to enroll biometrics so plan accordingly.
Thanks for the fast response CR001.

But specifically (with passports in hand...) are you allowed to travel (I guess before the BRPs with previous leave there should be no issue, but post?)

Biometrics you are sent to a post office as usual?

ouflak1

Post by ouflak1 » Wed May 10, 2017 3:45 pm

seasky wrote: But specifically (with passports in hand...) are you allowed to travel (I guess before the BRPs with previous leave there should be no issue, but post?)
As far as I'm aware, an MN1 registration application is not invalidated when the registrant leaves the country. An application for a new BRP does not invalidate the current BRP. Only the issuance of the new BRP does that. Until then, it is valid.
Last edited by ouflak1 on Wed May 10, 2017 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed May 10, 2017 3:45 pm

seasky wrote:Thanks for the fast response CR001.

But specifically (with passports in hand...) are you allowed to travel (I guess before the BRPs with previous leave there should be no issue, but post?) Yes as you will have the passports and BRPs.

Biometrics you are sent to a post office as usual? Yes, once you get the letters with the barcode, you need to take the children and the letter(s) to the Post Office to do biometrics. You will have 15 days to do this.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

seasky
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by seasky » Wed May 10, 2017 6:40 pm

But travel after BRP runs out but before BC is approved?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed May 10, 2017 7:15 pm

You could face issue or delay re entering the UK but an explanation and proof of application submission would be helpful.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

seasky
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by seasky » Sun May 14, 2017 9:22 pm

I have a few questions on MN1 form filling and will keep it to this thread for brevity and order.

A. q 1.2 does my own ILR reference number work?
B. q 1.3 my children have never been given ILR (only parents), just leave empty?
C. Many questions are intentionally left unanswered is it OK to just lightly cross them out
D. For the "referee in a professional capacity", there is no minimal time of knowing child given, but is nursery school teacher for 3 months too short?
E. For Travel can I just supply a succinct excel , instead of filling in the form and the extra page

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun May 14, 2017 9:39 pm

A. q 1.2 does my own ILR reference number work?
No
B. q 1.3 my children have never been given ILR (only parents), just leave empty?
Yes
C. Many questions are intentionally left unanswered is it OK to just lightly cross them out
Like which questions?
D. For the "referee in a professional capacity", there is no minimal time of knowing child given, but is nursery school teacher for 3 months too short?
Probably too short yes, but for children born in the UK it isn't too much of an issue.
E. For Travel can I just supply a succinct excel , instead of filling in the form and the extra page
You should complete the form and continue on a separate sheet if required.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

seasky
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by seasky » Sun May 14, 2017 9:58 pm

CR001 wrote:
Yes
Like which questions?
like q1.3 as an example. a line over makes it clear we intentionally did not fill it (many many questions not meant to answer on this form, depending on circumstances....)