ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT - HELP NEEDED......IMMIGRATION/ASYLUM/MARRIAGE

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

RachaelandSohaib
Newly Registered

URGENT - HELP NEEDED......IMMIGRATION/ASYLUM/MARRIAGE

Post by RachaelandSohaib » Thu May 11, 2017 3:45 pm

Hi, good afternoon everyone.
Myself and my partner are desperately looking for help. :?:

So....my nationality is Scottish and my partner is Pakistani, we have been together since 2014 and were living together in Scotland. My partner came over from Pakistan to London on a student visa in 2011, half way through his studies the college closed down, therefore could not continue. He was living in London until I met him in 2014 and then he moved to Scotland to live me me and my family.

We decided to move to Ireland together for a new start/adventure and he applied for Asylum here. He came to Ireland via the boat in December 2015 and I then came over in Jan 2016 (I had stuff to sort out before leaving) and been living here together ever since.
His Asylum has been refused, we applied to get married, attended the interview but this has also been refused - they think its a "Marriage of convenience".
Also, we have an ongoing court case at the moment in relation to handling stolen goods - this was not intentional, a big mistake on trusting someone, we are fighting to plead our innocence but we are more than likely going to get charged! :evil:

Unfortunately he did not apply for Asylum in the UK as he was unaware of the procedure and did not have anyone with him as he came over alone. If he had known he could do this, then he 100% would have done it.

As you can see, we have a lot going on right now and are very stressed and have has many of sleepless nights with worrying.

Would it be possible to go back to Scotland to get married? We are sooo happy together, we just want a long and happy life together and we cant wait to be husband and wife. He has been apart of my family for years. We are a genuine couple and it hurts that random people can determine if we are genuine or not - they dont know us and when we received the letter, we both broke down in tears.
He is also not permitted to work in this country due to his Asylum and this is affecting his mental health, he doesn't leave the house without me which is hard because I work full time.
I dont know what I would do if anything bad was to happen to him, my life would be over and so would his.
Is there any visa he can apply for in the meantime until we do get married?
We did get married under the Islamic Law last week. :)

Please please please if anyone can help us, we would be very grateful. We have no idea what to do or where to start.

Regards,
A very stressed out couple. :(

Topcat72m
Ireland

Re: URGENT - HELP NEEDED......IMMIGRATION/ASYLUM/MARRIAGE

Post by Topcat72m » Thu May 11, 2017 4:04 pm

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Post by max307 » Thu May 11, 2017 4:19 pm

Can you get married in Belfast, Northern Ireland? Belfast is part of the UK so you will be getting married in the UK. Once you are married can settle down in Ireland, find a job and follow this route to legalise your spouse - http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/EU+Treaty+Rights

Or as advised by @Topcat72m follow the De Facto Relationships with an Irish National or Irish Resident.
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.

RachaelandSohaib
Newly Registered

Post by RachaelandSohaib » Thu May 11, 2017 4:21 pm

Topcat72m wrote:http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/De ... applicants

Maybe you can go this route.

Hi thanks for this - it quotes "If the Applicant is unlawfully present in the State at the time of making the De Facto application, INIS will refuse the application". So I'm not sure if we would qualify for this or not. :|
Im worried if we apply for this, could he be deported?

Thanks so much

RachaelandSohaib
Newly Registered

Post by RachaelandSohaib » Thu May 11, 2017 4:23 pm

max307 wrote:Can you get married in Belfast, Northern Ireland? Belfast is part of the UK so you will be getting married in the UK. Once you are married can settle down in Ireland, find a job and follow this route to legalise your spouse - http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/EU+Treaty+Rights

Or as advised by @Topcat72m follow the De Facto Relationships with an Irish National or Irish Resident.

@max307 - Ohhh thanks for this, I never thought about northern Ireland. I will certainly look into this.
Thank you so much. :)

Topcat72m
Ireland

Post by Topcat72m » Thu May 11, 2017 4:39 pm

RachaelandSohaib wrote:

Hi thanks for this - it quotes "If the Applicant is unlawfully present in the State at the time of making the De Facto application, INIS will refuse the application". So I'm not sure if we would qualify for this or not. :|

Thanks so much
Sorry I missed that part.

RachaelandSohaib
Newly Registered

Post by RachaelandSohaib » Thu May 11, 2017 4:51 pm

Topcat72m wrote:
RachaelandSohaib wrote:

Thanks so much
Sorry I missed that part.

Thats ok - if you think of anything else please let me know. Thanks again.

khizard
BANNED

Post by khizard » Thu May 11, 2017 6:03 pm

send me a private message, i have an option which must help you. but i can't explain in public discussion board.

RachaelandSohaib
Newly Registered

Post by RachaelandSohaib » Thu May 11, 2017 6:54 pm

khizard wrote:send me a private message, i have an option which must help you. but i can't explain in public discussion board.

Hi, how do I private message you?
Thanks

khizard
BANNED

Post by khizard » Thu May 11, 2017 8:09 pm

I have sent you a private message, please reply my message

RachaelandSohaib
Newly Registered

Post by RachaelandSohaib » Thu May 11, 2017 10:09 pm

khizard wrote:I have sent you a private message, please reply my message
Hi, it says I am not authorised to view or send any private messages. :( If I can give you my mobile number, can we talk more? Thanks

khizard
BANNED

Post by khizard » Thu May 11, 2017 11:21 pm

ok give me your phone number

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu May 11, 2017 11:41 pm

Members are NOT permitted to post contact information on the public forum. Suggest read the forum rules if anything is unclear.

@RachaelandSohaib - Please please please, be careful who you trust to 'help' you. Everyone on the forum is a complete stranger to you and we have many scammers and spammers who frequently visit the forum.

I understand you are desperate, but if someone is suggesting they have a means to help but cannot discuss it publicly on the forum, then it is likely dodgy or going to cost you a fortune and have no result. This user who suggested PM'ing to 'offer a solution', will no longer be permitted use the PRIVILEGE of PM. I would strongly suggest when you do eventually get access to PM function, you ignore the users message.

All members are reminded to post in public so that any advice given can be checked and corroborated for accuracy and for other members to give input.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

khizard
BANNED

Post by khizard » Thu May 11, 2017 11:53 pm

Sorry but I am NOT dodgy or going to cost you.

It is up to the people can contact personally or not. I am not going to cheat anyone nor force to contact me in person. but....... If someone contacts me in PM I would be helping then more openly.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu May 11, 2017 11:55 pm

khizard wrote:Sorry but I am NOT dodgy or going to cost you.

It is up to the people can contact personally or not. I am not going to cheat anyone nor force to contact me in person. but....... If someone contacts me in PM I would be helping then more openly.
You don't have the privilege of PM any longer so you will have to post in public now.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

khizard
BANNED

Post by khizard » Fri May 12, 2017 12:55 am

RachaelandSohaib , what is your facebook ?

Humza44
Newly Registered

Post by Humza44 » Fri May 12, 2017 1:10 am

RachaelandSohaib wrote:Hi, good afternoon everyone.

So....my nationality is Scottish and my partner is Pakistani, we have been together since 2014 and were living together in Scotland. My partner came over from Pakistan to London on a student visa in 2011, half way through his studies the college closed down, therefore could not continue. He was living in London until I met him in 2014 and then he moved to Scotland to live me me and my family.

We decided to move to Ireland together for a new start/adventure and he applied for Asylum here. He came to Ireland via the boat in December 2015 and I then came over in Jan 2016 (I had stuff to sort out before leaving) and been living here together ever since.
His Asylum has been refused, we applied to get married, attended the interview but this has also been refused - they think its a "Marriage of convenience".
Also, we have an ongoing court case at the moment in relation to handling stolen goods - this was not intentional, a big mistake on trusting someone, we are fighting to plead our innocence but we are more than likely going to get charged! :evil:

Unfortunately he did not apply for Asylum in the UK as he was unaware of the procedure and did not have anyone with him as he came over alone. If he had known he could do this, then he 100% would have done it.

As you can see, we have a lot going on right now and are very stressed and have has many of sleepless nights with worrying.

Would it be possible to go back to Scotland to get married? We are sooo happy together, we just want a long and happy life together and we cant wait to be husband and wife. He has been apart of my family for years. We are a genuine couple and it hurts that random people can determine if we are genuine or not - they dont know us and when we received the letter, we both broke down in tears.
He is also not permitted to work in this country due to his Asylum and this is affecting his mental health, he doesn't leave the house without me which is hard because I work full time.
I dont know what I would do if anything bad was to happen to him, my life would be over and so would his.

Please please please if anyone can help us, we would be very grateful. We have no idea what to do or where to start.

Regards,
You an apply for Partner (Defecto) Visa as you have been living togather for almost 1 and half year in Ireland and as you mentioned he use to live with you in Scotland, however you need to provide them 2 years relationship.

Obviously you would hold all documents for last 2 years here in Ireland and back in UK also mention that we got married here in Ireland religiously ( Islamic Marriage ) You should be ok as you are genuine couples it shouldn't be problem for you.

khizard
BANNED

Post by khizard » Fri May 12, 2017 1:47 am

They have already been declared "not genuine" in writing when they applied at marriage registration office, so, now your tenure will not be counted and you will get another negative point.

I had faced the exactly same situation and now i have resolved it. that's why i wanted to help them, but i can't tell my way openly to every one.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri May 12, 2017 10:56 am

CR001 wrote:Members are NOT permitted to post contact information on the public forum. Suggest read the forum rules if anything is unclear.

@RachaelandSohaib - Please please please, be careful who you trust to 'help' you. Everyone on the forum is a complete stranger to you and we have many scammers and spammers who frequently visit the forum.

I understand you are desperate, but if someone is suggesting they have a means to help but cannot discuss it publicly on the forum, then it is likely dodgy or going to cost you a fortune and have no result. This user who suggested PM'ing to 'offer a solution', will no longer be permitted use the PRIVILEGE of PM. I would strongly suggest when you do eventually get access to PM function, you ignore the users message.

All members are reminded to post in public so that any advice given can be checked and corroborated for accuracy and for other members to give input.
@rachaelandSohaib - I strongly suggest you read the forum rules about posting personal information. If you persist in trying to post contact details or social media information, your access to the forum will be terminated immediately. This is a final warning.

The other user persistently requesting your contact details, even after my warning, has now been banned.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

RachaelandSohaib
Newly Registered

Post by RachaelandSohaib » Fri May 12, 2017 1:10 pm

CR001 wrote:
CR001 wrote:Members are NOT permitted to post contact information on the public forum. Suggest read the forum rules if anything is unclear.

@rachaelandSohaib - I strongly suggest you read the forum rules about posting personal information. If you persist in trying to post contact details or social media information, your access to the forum will be terminated immediately. This is a final warning.

The other user persistently requesting your contact details, even after my warning, has now been banned.

@CR001

Thanks for your concern but dont you think it my choice whether to accept his advice or not? This could have helped us soooo much. I only signed up to this forum yesterday and did not have time to read the rules. I thought this was a place for help and now I may have missed out on this piece of help - how do you know if he is genuine or not? People shouldn't judge or make decision for people - this was my call to contact him, not your's. Very unfair. :evil:
Do you have any suggestions on what we can do seen as your not allowing me to speak to him?

RachaelandSohaib
Newly Registered

Post by RachaelandSohaib » Fri May 12, 2017 1:19 pm

Humza44 wrote:
RachaelandSohaib wrote:Hi, good afternoon everyone.

Regards,
You an apply for Partner (Defecto) Visa as you have been living togather for almost 1 and half year in Ireland and as you mentioned he use to live with you in Scotland, however you need to provide them 2 years relationship.

Obviously you would hold all documents for last 2 years here in Ireland and back in UK also mention that we got married here in Ireland religiously ( Islamic Marriage ) You should be ok as you are genuine couples it shouldn't be problem for you.
@Humza44.....Thanks for your advice. We were living with my mum, dad and sisters and we dont have any bills in our name for proof of address ect. My family wrote letters to advise that we have been a couple since 2014 and we have been living with them but this was not enough. We supplied 64 photographs of us both and with my family in different locations and still not enough. We supplied out 3 proof of address for here in Ireland (Lease, Electirc and Sky bills) and much more stuff but they still said no. :(
We are at a dead end and we dont know what to do. Thanks

saad786

Post by saad786 » Fri May 12, 2017 2:14 pm

I would suggest you to go back with your spouse to Pakistan and register your marriage there. Come back and apply for his visa in Ireland under the law. It would be a bit time consuming but this is the right way to do it. Otherwise, as you already mentioned that the case has been rejected many times. So to prove it your better half has to move out to get back in the EU legally. I would again suggest to move with him to Pakistan and try it. This will also prove that you made an effort to prove your relationship and hence spent time willingly in Pakistan.... thats my thinking and suggestion after reading all the responses made to your problem...

zepman
Mood:
Ireland

Post by zepman » Fri May 12, 2017 2:24 pm

RachaelandSohaib wrote:
CR001 wrote:

@CR001

Thanks for your concern but dont you think it my choice whether to accept his advice or not? This could have helped us soooo much. I only signed up to this forum yesterday and did not have time to read the rules. I thought this was a place for help and now I may have missed out on this piece of help - how do you know if he is genuine or not? People shouldn't judge or make decision for people - this was my call to contact him, not your's. Very unfair. :evil:
Do you have any suggestions on what we can do seen as your not allowing me to speak to him?
He could have posted the advice publicly. He said, "...i can't tell my way openly to every one." which sounds dodgy. There are plenty of users on here who are posting their advice openly, so it helps anyone who might be in a similar situation and comes across this forum; they do this without asking for any personal information. Anyone with genuine advice would do just that.

Anyway, sorry to hear about your predicament. Hope you manage to get it sorted! :)

RachaelandSohaib
Newly Registered

Post by RachaelandSohaib » Fri May 12, 2017 2:41 pm

saad786 wrote:I would suggest you to go back with your spouse to Pakistan and register your marriage there. Come back and apply for his visa in Ireland under the law. It would be a bit time consuming but this is the right way to do it. Otherwise, as you already mentioned that the case has been rejected many times. So to prove it your better half has to move out to get back in the EU legally. I would again suggest to move with him to Pakistan and try it. This will also prove that you made an effort to prove your relationship and hence spent time willingly in Pakistan.... thats my thinking and suggestion after reading all the responses made to your problem...

@saad786. Thanks for your advise, but my partner no longer speaks to his family and has been threatened by them in the past so I dont know about moving there. But as you said it is the right way to do it but surely there is another way. :( Thanks
Last edited by RachaelandSohaib on Fri May 12, 2017 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RachaelandSohaib
Newly Registered

Post by RachaelandSohaib » Fri May 12, 2017 2:42 pm

indianzeppelin wrote:
RachaelandSohaib wrote:
CR001 wrote:

@CR001

He could have posted the advice publicly. He said, "...i can't tell my way openly to every one." which sounds dodgy. There are plenty of users on here who are posting their advice openly, so it helps anyone who might be in a similar situation and comes across this forum; they do this without asking for any personal information. Anyone with genuine advice would do just that.

Anyway, sorry to hear about your predicament. Hope you manage to get it sorted! :)
I understand, its just we are so desperate for help and are so stressed with it all. Sorry :(