ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PR Card and Misspelled place of birth

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Mandokinha2701

PR Card and Misspelled place of birth

Post by Mandokinha2701 » Thu May 11, 2017 6:02 pm

Dear all,

Thank you very much for all the help I received from every single one of you. I finally received my PR card today.
I have a trip to Greece on the 22nd of May. I was happy to finally take some time to relax abroad after all the wait but....

The home office misspelled my place of birth at the back of my PR card.
It should read:

ABC DE FGHIJ KLMNOP
On the card due to the short amount of characters it should read:
ABC DE FGHIJ KLM

However, annoyingly, it reads:
ABC DE FGHI KLM

(Hope that's understandable. It's missing the "J")

Now here we go again:

1) Do I need to get that changed?
2) I checked the website for changing mistakes on the card and there is no option for place of birth correction. Just everything else but that. I tried to send an email to BRPError for enquiries but I got reply that they won't reply to me. How do I do it then?
3) As I said I have a trip to Greece on the 22nd. If I don't correct it before then and go abroad, will I get I a problem on my way back to enter the uk based on this mistake?

Please advise?

Thank you very much.

Mandokinha2701

Re: PR Card and Misspelled place of birth

Post by Mandokinha2701 » Tue May 16, 2017 7:11 am

Anyone?