ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Right of Abode Application from Pakistan

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

maria123456
Newly Registered

Right of Abode Application from Pakistan

Post by maria123456 » Mon May 15, 2017 11:52 am

Hi All

I applied right of abode application for my daughter from Pakistan last week. Today I received an email from UKVI asking me to send them Appendix 1 form. But as far as I know Appendix 1 is not required for right of abode applications? They also need a return envelope to send me back the supporting documents but we did not send them the original documents because all the documents were photocopied and scanned Karachi visa centre . They have given me 10 days to send them Appendix 1 form. What should I do now?

Thanks in advance

maria123456
Newly Registered

Re: Right of Abode Application from Pakistan

Post by maria123456 » Mon May 15, 2017 2:59 pm

Do I really have to send them Appendix 1 form?

Anyone?

Tea_Rocket
United States of America

Post by Tea_Rocket » Mon May 15, 2017 3:35 pm

With the Home Office, it's always wise to do what they ask. Fill in Appendix 1 and send them the return envelope, even if it seems like a waste of time to you. If you don't, they're likely to reject your application and then you have to start all over (or appeal—either way it's even more work).

maria123456
Newly Registered

Post by maria123456 » Mon May 15, 2017 3:44 pm

Hi Tea Rocket thank you for taking time to reply my query. I am still confused that appendix 1 is required for dependent visa not for right of abode application and why they have asked for return envelope to return the documents when we have not sent them any original documents. I think the case worker has misunderstood the right of abode application with the dependent application. Should I give them a call to clarify this thing or send them the appendix 1 form?

Tea_Rocket
United States of America

Post by Tea_Rocket » Mon May 15, 2017 3:48 pm

If you have a number handy to ring them, then yes, it can't hurt to phone them to clarify. My search of the gov.uk website for "Appendix 1" returned more than one form. If they insist even after you've called that you send the Appendix and the return envelope anyway, then do so. I know you think it's stupid (and I'm inclined to agree) but the opinions of applicants mean very little.

maria123456
Newly Registered

Post by maria123456 » Mon May 15, 2017 4:00 pm

Thanks once again for replying me. They sent me this email today:

"Further to our recent e-mail confirming the receipt of the application above we have not been able to locate an Appendix 1 with the documents provided. An Entry Clearance Officer will not be able to process this application until an Appendix 1 is provided.

You can find the form on our website:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... vaf4a1.pdf

Once completed, you can attach the document to an email and send it to the email address below quoting our reference"

But Appendix 1 VAF4A states that on what basis you are applying:

The option is

As the child of settled parents or with one parent who has limited leave as a partner or parent granted under the Rules in force before 9 July 2012

But I am a naturalised british citizen applying for right of abode for my daughter not as a dependent.
If I send them appendix 1 form then I will have to send them payslips and bank statements as well?

am totally confused now what to do

maria123456
Newly Registered

Post by maria123456 » Mon May 15, 2017 7:37 pm

anyone please?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon May 15, 2017 9:19 pm

When did you naturalise as British and when AND where was child born??

What is the immigration status of the other parent?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

maria123456
Newly Registered

Post by maria123456 » Mon May 15, 2017 9:41 pm

Hi CR001 thanks for replying. I was naturalise last december last year. My daughter was born in Pakistan in January this year. My wife is a Pakistani national about to apply for spouse visa.
CR001 wrote:When did you naturalise as British and when AND where was child born??

What is the immigration status of the other parent?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon May 15, 2017 9:53 pm

Did you attend your ceremony in December and send your certificate for RoA/CoE??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

maria123456
Newly Registered

Post by maria123456 » Mon May 15, 2017 10:03 pm

I attended my ceremony in december and applied for RoA last week.
CR001 wrote:Did you attend your ceremony in December and send your certificate for RoA/CoE??