ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Date on PR card for naturalization

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

antonio2017
Newly Registered

Date on PR card for naturalization

Post by antonio2017 » Mon May 15, 2017 7:58 pm

Hi!
Accidentally run on this forum trying to google answer to my problemJust to say amazing forum and wish i knew for it before!
Well ,im quite confused today talking to a few solicitors when was given very contradictory answers to my question

Im a non eu national ,married to eu national for 17 years,and since moved to the Uk 10 years ago i had 5 years residence card,which was extended for another 5 as we didn't have private medical insurance at a time to apply for PR.I managed to collect all necessary docs and received confirmation of residence PR last week(issue date MAY 2017) on the letter from the home office permanent status was granted in April 2015

WOULD LOVE TO APPLY FOR NATURALIZATION NOW IF QUALIFY ,TWO SOLICITORS TELLING FROM THE DATE ON PR CARD(MAY 2017 +12 MONTHS) THE OTHER ONE FROM THE DATE IN THE LETTER WHEN PR STATUS WAS CONFIRMED APRIL 2015 +12 MONTHS(WHICH MEANS I CAN APPLY NOW

THE OTHER CONCERN IS ,ONE OF THEM TOLD ME AGAIN WITH ALL THE DOCUMENTS FOR NATIONALITY I NEED TO SEND AGAIN DOCUMENTS THAT HAS BEEN USED FOR PR?AGAIN TO PROVE TREATY RIGHT F0R QUALIFYING PERIOD FOR PR FOR MY WIFE AND MYSELF?

I would like to use Nationality Checking service to avoid paying solicitors fee to be honest,rang them today but they couldn't confirm if i need to send docs used for PR or about the date when actually i qualify ;-( was told they not giving immigration advice
Just dont want to pay the fee and get rejected for stupid reason

Many Thanks and best of luck to everyone !

Antonio

lulu2
Newly Registered

Re: Date on PR card for naturalization

Post by lulu2 » Thu May 18, 2017 9:09 am

From what I understand, once you have the PR, when you apply for teh British citizenship you will only need to send the PR document. They might ask you to show them the letter that came with the PR to check that you are applying 12 months after the date stated.

Hope this helps.

L.

secret.simon

Re: Date on PR card for naturalization

Post by secret.simon » Thu May 18, 2017 3:42 pm

Firstly, wrong forum. Your query would have been answered more quickly in the British Citizenship forums. Can the mods please make the appropriate move?

Secondly, you can apply for British citizenship five years after the date your acquired PR. If the letter states that you acquired PR in April 2015, you can apply now.

However, the requirements for citizenship are completely unrelated to that for PR. Read the rules and requirements very carefully before applying. Naturalisation is governed by UK law, which is significantly different from EU law. Read through the FAQs on this site.

You will not need to send the same proof that you used for PR, but you may need to send some of it. Just because you sent it in the past does not mean that they will not ask for it again.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.