ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Quick Advice

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

General Quick Advice

Post by 01484 » Tue May 16, 2017 3:47 pm

I applied for spouse visa last year and it was rejected. I had to show savings to meet the financial requirement, but now this month my salary will be going to so will be meeting the financial requirement of £18,600.
My question is do i just need to show 3 months of wage slips with increased salary or do i need to show bank statements too? even though i meet the financial requirement.

Also another question is can i call my wife over on a visit visa which is for 3 months what are the chances that it will be approved? i thought i can call here over here so she can visit here and then after 3 months she can go back. i know its not the right visa type but will it be approved I heard people saying visit ones do not approve.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: General Quick Advice

Post by CR001 » Tue May 16, 2017 6:10 pm

My question is do i just need to show 3 months of wage slips with increased salary or do i need to show bank statements too? even though i meet the financial requirement.
6 months payslips and 6 months bank statements.
Also another question is can i call my wife over on a visit visa which is for 3 months what are the chances that it will be approved? i thought i can call here over here so she can visit here and then after 3 months she can go back. i know its not the right visa type but will it be approved I heard people saying visit ones do not approve.
Unlikely. What strong ties to home country will she prove if her spouse is in the UK?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Post by 01484 » Wed May 17, 2017 6:16 am

Thanks for replying CR001.
I will be earning from this month £19,200 and have savings of £30K in my account. The solicitor was saying 3 months of wage slips should be fine.
So will i when filling the application form select 2 fields for meeting the financial requirement? Savings and from work?
If thats the case then its ok, its just that waiting another 6 months is a long time.
Thanks once again for your help and time.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed May 17, 2017 7:54 am

The application will be refused unless you submit 6 months payslips & the corresponding 6 months of bank statements. :!:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Post by 01484 » Wed May 17, 2017 11:57 am

its got a bit confusing now... as there are several categories and examples on the uk.gov website and it seems like i can combine 2 categories and apply before 6 months... anyways ill give my exact financial situation so you guys can see if i can apply after 3 months or do i still need to wait 6 months and which categories apply to me... Thank you.

I started working for the NHS since Dec 2014 (bank contract) and currently still employed with them
I moved to working in another department and got (full time-permanent) 09/05/2016- salary £16,800
Now its been a full year and after a year my salary this month will be going up to £19,200
I have saving in my bank at the moment of £27K

So what i want to know is do i still have to wait 6 months even though i am still employed under the same employer (NHS) showing my increased salary wage slips or can i like solicitor was saying include 3 months of increased salary wage slips and then apply, after 3 months which will be august. This is the confusing bit.

So if someone can shed any light on this matter would be really helpful.. as i am stressing over it not sure if i can apply or have to wait 6 months.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Wed May 17, 2017 12:22 pm

01484 wrote:I have saving in my bank at the moment of £27K
Have these savings been in a bank account for at least six months? Can you prove the source of the funds?

If yes to both the above questions, you should be able to apply by combining your earlier salary of £16,800 with the savings of £27,000.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Post by 01484 » Wed May 17, 2017 1:53 pm

Yes the savings have been in my account for 6 months
Yes the source of funds can be proved by bank statements showing my salary for the past 6 months and wage slips corresponding to the income coming in.

Thats fine so that means i can apply after 3 months showing new increased salary and saving :D

thanks a lot for everyone that replied, just makes you happy that there are people out there who are willing to give up their time and help people like us who need advice.

Thanks once again :)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed May 17, 2017 1:56 pm

You would still have to submit 6 months payslips and bank staewnts to show your salary.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Post by 01484 » Wed May 17, 2017 2:21 pm

Would that be a combination of both new salary wage slips and old salary wage slips?
New 3 months salary= £19,200
Old 3 months salary= £16,800

or do i wait 6 months and submit the new salary £19,200 wage slips?
Thats what i dont understand do i have to wait 6 months then? or can i apply before based on what my situtation is.

Thank you

Post by 01484 » Thu May 18, 2017 12:01 pm

anyone please help?

singhmohit
United Kingdom

Post by singhmohit » Thu May 18, 2017 2:47 pm

01484 wrote:anyone please help?
Have you read Appendix_FM_1_7_Financial_Requirement.pdf
Here's an example from the document:

Example (a)
The applicant’s partner works in the UK. She started a new job 3 months prior to the date of
application and her gross annual salary is £22,000. She meets part (1) of the calculation for
Category B because she is in salaried employment at the date of application and her gross
annual salary at the date of application meets the financial requirement.
In addition, she must have received in the 12 months prior to the application the level of
income required to meet part (2) of the calculation for Category B. Before starting her new
job, she worked for another company for 7 months during the last 12 months. Including her
current and previous job, the total amount she has earned from employment in the last 12
months is £20,000.
The financial requirement is met under Category B because the applicant’s partner is
currently in a job paying at least £18,600 a year and has earned more than £18,600 from
employment in the last 12 months.

Find the latest version of the PDF on UKBA's site - read the given case studies and I'm sure you'll find the one that relevant to your situation - will be helpful.

PS: I'm not a legal advisor - my message is only based on limited knowledge from this forum.