ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

AIU

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

matthew
Newly Registered

AIU

Post by matthew » Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:24 pm

HELLO
I received a letter from AIU regarding winning my appeal they asked me to give 4 certified pictures and my passport to issue status papers, but they had my passport for over 3 years its been expired for 2 years.
I sent my pictures and wrote a letter explaining about my passport .
Will senior members please elaborate on this.

THANKS

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:45 pm

Can you get a replacement passport?

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

matthew
Newly Registered

Post by matthew » Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:01 am

VictoriaS wrote:Can you get a replacement passport?

Victoria

I cant because i have no other documents home office just confirmed that they lost my passport .

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:49 am

Don't you have a birth certificate?

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

Jeff Albright

Post by Jeff Albright » Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:52 pm

When I was dealing with AIU following the successful appeal on HR last year, I received a similar request, had a query and spoke to the caseworker there and she said that they could do it without a passport.
If you do not have a passport, they can issue what it is called "Immigration Status Document" - a piece of paper with the printed endorsement + vignette with the seal. That is, the vignette can be placed on a piece of paper instead of your passport page, if you do not have one. This will be your official UK status document and when you cross the UK border next time, you show your blank new passport and the ISD and the Immigration Officer will place the stamp in your passport with the leave to remain and any conditions, if applicable.

In other words, whilst the photographs are mandatory, the passport is not, although the standard letter does not state this.

What you did was correct - you will receive the grant letter + Immigration Status Document with the vignette and your photo on it.

matthew
Newly Registered

Post by matthew » Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:46 pm

HI, i sent my pictures and letter explaining the passport situation and is been a 1 month and still have not received anything they are just dragging me i have got a really good job waiting but i need (ISD) paper to show my right of work , how long would it take roughly ...

Jeff Albright

Post by Jeff Albright » Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:49 am

Suggest you sit tight for another 2 weeks and wait.
Then write to Appeals Directorate Customer Focus Team in Advance House in Croydon. They will sort this out within a few days.

matthew
Newly Registered

GOT IT

Post by matthew » Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:24 pm

thank you Jeff, and this amazing board i got my status paper today