ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Schengen visa - 1st entry

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Deva84uk
Newly Registered

Schengen visa - 1st entry

Post by Deva84uk » Tue May 16, 2017 7:14 pm

Hi,

My wife received EU family member short term visiting visa to go to france from this month (may)for holiday that we planned to go in july. But since we have visa from this month can we go to a different country 1st other than france ? Or do we still have to wait till july to go to france 1st and there after we can go to other Europe countries ?

waqasars

Re: Schengen visa - 1st entry

Post by waqasars » Tue May 16, 2017 8:53 pm

You are free to go anywhere Schengen zone.

Deva84uk
Newly Registered

Post by Deva84uk » Tue May 23, 2017 10:37 am

Thank you

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue May 23, 2017 11:18 am

Deva84uk wrote:Hi,

My wife received EU family member short term visiting visa to go to france from this month (may)for holiday that we planned to go in july. But since we have visa from this month can we go to a different country 1st other than france ? Or do we still have to wait till july to go to france 1st and there after we can go to other Europe countries ?
It depends on which category of Schengen visa your wife has been issued. For example:
Limited territorial validity visas (LTV)
This type of visa obtained allows you to travel only in the Schengen State that has issued the visa or in some other cases, in the certain Schengen States specifically mentioned when applying for the visa. Apart from these Schengen countries, this specific visa is invalid to any other Schengen country not specified prior.

https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.