ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Laminated Documents Acceptance

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

heg104434
Newly Registered

Laminated Documents Acceptance

Post by heg104434 » Wed May 17, 2017 4:57 am

Hi,

I am applying from India for the Tier 2 General Visa. My appointment is on 23rd MAY, coming Tuesday.
Have all the required documents including the Certificate of Sponsorship from UK Employer and Certification from UK NARIC of Graduation Degree and proficiency in English.

I have couple of documents, Graduation Degree Certificate and Transcript, in laminated form.
I saw the below instructions cum guidelines in the http://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/India/pdf/Annex-A.pdf
" In order to avoid delays in the Visa Application Centre applicants must follow the instructions below:
 All documents must be A4 size.
 Any documents which are smaller or larger than A4 size, must be photocopied onto A4 sized paper. This includes the pages of any previous passports.
All documents must be free from any staples, clips or pins before they are submitted.
Torn, crumpled or heavily creased documents cannot be scanned and therefore must be photocopied onto A4 sized paper before they are submitted.
Documents should not be laminated. "

I hope the Visa officer doesn't make a fuss of the couple of documents being in laminated form. Since the lamination doesn't affect the genuineness of documents

The English language certificate issued by the College is not in laminated form, so that might help my case.

I have sent a query to VFS also for the confirmation, but no response. Please can somebody share that how can I reach out to VFS to get the clarity.
The Immigration Consultant is also not sure that how the Visa officer will react.

Many thanks for the suggestions.
Best regards

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Laminated Documents Acceptance

Post by iworker » Wed May 17, 2017 8:55 am

If it is a mandatory document and it says it shouldnt be laminated, then what is there to ask?

lkv
Newly Registered

Post by lkv » Wed May 17, 2017 9:20 am

If the documents are laminated ,they will take xerox copies and scan them.In my case marriage certificate and my transcripts are laminated and not in A4 size.So,they took xerox and scanned them.Anyhow they will return all the documents after scanning except passport.But you need carry those laminated docs to show them.

heg104434
Newly Registered

Post by heg104434 » Wed May 17, 2017 10:37 am

lkv wrote:If the documents are laminated ,they will take xerox copies and scan them.In my case marriage certificate and my transcripts are laminated and not in A4 size.So,they took xerox and scanned them.Anyhow they will return all the documents after scanning except passport.But you need carry those laminated docs to show them.
Thank you very much for sharing about your case.
Please could you also kindly share that when you applied for Visa and from which center.
I am trying to arrange a new hard copy of the transcripts, but in case if I can't get them before the appointment, will carry the laminated ones only.
The Degree certificate would anyways be laminated, as its a long cumbersome procedure to get a new one.

Best regards

heg104434
Newly Registered

Post by heg104434 » Wed May 17, 2017 10:43 am

iworker wrote:If it is a mandatory document and it says it shouldnt be laminated, then what is there to ask?
I am not so sure that whether the Degree certificate and Transcripts are really mandatory or not, because I can submit other original supporting documents to prove & reaffirm that I had successfully completed my Graduation.

lkv
Newly Registered

Post by lkv » Wed May 17, 2017 11:00 am

I had submitted documents on May 9th,2017 at VFS,Chennai.

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Wed May 17, 2017 11:09 am

degree or education confirmation is not a mandatory document, unless u are using it to prove your english competency. In fact it is useless to submit such extra docs.

heg104434
Newly Registered

Post by heg104434 » Wed May 17, 2017 2:47 pm

lkv wrote:I had submitted documents on May 9th,2017 at VFS,Chennai.
Thank you very much for sharing about your case. Will go with laminated documents only.

heg104434
Newly Registered

Post by heg104434 » Wed May 17, 2017 5:10 pm

iworker wrote:degree or education confirmation is not a mandatory document, unless u are using it to prove your english competency. In fact it is useless to submit such extra docs.
That is precisely my understanding also. I have the English Language certificate (not laminated) from the College and UK NARIC has certified it already, then why the College Degree certificate & transcript is still needed.
Have the certificate of Sponsorship from the UK employer. My current & previous Employer would have hired me only after doing the Background screening, validating my qualifications.
I hope all this taken into consideration and no fuss is made over the couple of laminated documents.

wen3
Newly Registered

Post by wen3 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:48 pm

Hi @heg104434, I have the exact same case where my degree certs and academic transcript in laminated form. I am applying for Tier 2 visa at a VSF (Malaysia). Could you please share with me whether there were any issues with the laminated documents? I am deeply worried now as it costs a lot for me and a lot of trouble to re-issue a certificate from the university. Thank you in advance and looking forward to your reply.
heg104434 wrote:Hi,

I am applying from India for the Tier 2 General Visa. My appointment is on 23rd MAY, coming Tuesday.
Have all the required documents including the Certificate of Sponsorship from UK Employer and Certification from UK NARIC of Graduation Degree and proficiency in English.

I have couple of documents, Graduation Degree Certificate and Transcript, in laminated form.
I saw the below instructions cum guidelines in the http://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/India/pdf/Annex-A.pdf
" In order to avoid delays in the Visa Application Centre applicants must follow the instructions below:
 All documents must be A4 size.
 Any documents which are smaller or larger than A4 size, must be photocopied onto A4 sized paper. This includes the pages of any previous passports.
All documents must be free from any staples, clips or pins before they are submitted.
Torn, crumpled or heavily creased documents cannot be scanned and therefore must be photocopied onto A4 sized paper before they are submitted.
Documents should not be laminated. "

I hope the Visa officer doesn't make a fuss of the couple of documents being in laminated form. Since the lamination doesn't affect the genuineness of documents

The English language certificate issued by the College is not in laminated form, so that might help my case.

I have sent a query to VFS also for the confirmation, but no response. Please can somebody share that how can I reach out to VFS to get the clarity.
The Immigration Consultant is also not sure that how the Visa officer will react.

Many thanks for the suggestions.
Best regards

sabyj777
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Post by sabyj777 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:00 pm

Hi @wen3

I will be applying for my visa soon in Malaysia as well. Did you have any trouble with your laminated documents?