ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TB test - referred for further tests

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

usmanj
United Kingdom

TB test - referred for further tests

Post by usmanj » Wed May 17, 2017 3:29 pm

Hi guys,

Firstly I'd like to start of by thanking everyone on this forum who provides informative information to help people like myself prepare our visa applications.

My wife went for her TB test today in Lahore and unfortunately the was referred to further tests (smear and culture test) because she had a cough and the x-ray wasn't clear. The results for these tests may take up to 8-10 weeks to come once completes (she's booked in for next week). This seems pretty long for a test result to come.

My question was, is there any way to speed this process up and avoid having to wait 2 months for the results to come or is there some sort of priority service for this?

I was hoping to apply for her visa in the next week or 2 but this has just hit us out of the blue.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks,
UJ

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: TB test - referred for further tests

Post by seagul » Wed May 17, 2017 8:47 pm

Unfortunately without getting successfully the TB test report from approved location you can't proceed to spouse visa. But it's bit strange to hear that results could take up to 10 weeks. Try to inquire again or change location.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

ssbib
United Kingdom

Post by ssbib » Wed May 17, 2017 9:03 pm

This is just a random suggestion but would it not be quicker for her to have the initial test again once the cough clears up? Either way I hope everything goes well for you. I'm in the processing of doing a spouse application for my wife and so I know how much of a nightmare it is. Do yourself a favour and review all the criteria for fees and submission of documents as they have changed as of April 2017 and I've just been stung by this.

usmanj
United Kingdom

Post by usmanj » Wed May 17, 2017 11:50 pm

ssbib wrote:This is just a random suggestion but would it not be quicker for her to have the initial test again once the cough clears up?
I don't know if that is a possibility as now they have a record of her attending and being referred for further tests. Will definitely ask her to check if that is an option though.
ssbib wrote:Do yourself a favour and review all the criteria for fees and submission of documents as they have changed as of April 2017 and I've just been stung by this.
Tell me about it! It's insane. Over £2000 for a visa application when you include healthcare fees. I only got married a month ago so I didn't have a choice of avoiding the increased fee. Have you applied now or still sorting out paperwork?
Last edited by usmanj on Wed May 17, 2017 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

usmanj
United Kingdom

Post by usmanj » Wed May 17, 2017 11:52 pm

seagul wrote:Unfortunately without getting successfully the TB test report from approved location you can't proceed to spouse visa. But it's bit strange to hear that results could take up to 10 weeks. Try to inquire again or change location.
Yeh, seems odd. Will have to check it out.

ssbib
United Kingdom

Post by ssbib » Thu May 18, 2017 12:06 am

usmanj wrote:
ssbib wrote:This is just a random suggestion but would it not be quicker for her to have the initial test again once the cough clears up?
I don't know if that is a possibility as now they have a record of her attending and being referred for further tests. Will definitely ask her to check if that is an option though.
ssbib wrote:Do yourself a favour and review all the criteria for fees and submission of documents as they have changed as of April 2017 and I've just been stung by this.
Tell me about it! It's insane. Over £2000 for a visa application when you include healthcare fees. I only got married a month ago so I didn't have a choice of avoiding the increased fee. Have you applied now or still sorting out paperwork?
We have just made the appointment today and paid the fees. We only got married in February so I feel stung to have paid more than I realised. Plus after sending all my papers to the Philippines last Friday I've just discovered they now have to go to Sheffield. Madness. Nearly done now though and she should be here in about 2 months I hope. Good luck to you and your wife. Hope all goes well.

usmanj
United Kingdom

Post by usmanj » Thu May 18, 2017 9:12 am

ssbib wrote:We have just made the appointment today and paid the fees. We only got married in February so I feel stung to have paid more than I realised. Plus after sending all my papers to the Philippines last Friday I've just discovered they now have to go to Sheffield. Madness. Nearly done now though and she should be here in about 2 months I hope. Good luck to you and your wife. Hope all goes well.
Yeh it's a bit insane, they increase fees every April. My friend paid around £800 a few years ago. The fees are climbing at the speed of a rocket. InshAllah it will be done quickly though and all the stress will be gone. Did you apply using priority service?

ssbib
United Kingdom

Post by ssbib » Thu May 18, 2017 3:45 pm

usmanj wrote:
ssbib wrote:We have just made the appointment today and paid the fees. We only got married in February so I feel stung to have paid more than I realised. Plus after sending all my papers to the Philippines last Friday I've just discovered they now have to go to Sheffield. Madness. Nearly done now though and she should be here in about 2 months I hope. Good luck to you and your wife. Hope all goes well.
Yeh it's a bit insane, they increase fees every April. My friend paid around £800 a few years ago. The fees are climbing at the speed of a rocket. InshAllah it will be done quickly though and all the stress will be gone. Did you apply using priority service?
I'm sure they are deliberately trying to price people out. An increase every April!?? This year the visa fee has gone up £300 and you get LESS for your money as you have to send the papers to UKVI yourself. Madness. We didn't use the priority service, just the regular. It's all I can afford. Besides my wife wants to be at home for her birthday on 6th July before she travels so paying more to bring it forward isn't in her interests, might as well just wait the normal time. I'm hoping we don't have to wait the full 60 days. Fingers crossed.

usmanj
United Kingdom

Post by usmanj » Thu May 18, 2017 6:54 pm

ssbib wrote:I'm hoping we don't have to wait the full 60 days. Fingers crossed.
InshAllah it gets done quickly for you. Will be good to know when you hear back from them.

ssbib
United Kingdom

Post by ssbib » Thu May 18, 2017 7:33 pm

usmanj wrote:
ssbib wrote:I'm hoping we don't have to wait the full 60 days. Fingers crossed.
InshAllah it gets done quickly for you. Will be good to know when you hear back from them.
Thank you. I wish the same for you and your wife. It's tough being apart and so I hope you get to see each other again as soon as possible. If I get any news I'll let you know.

usmanj
United Kingdom

Post by usmanj » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:26 pm

Finally my Mrs got her TB certificate today. She has posted all the docs to me so it will be a busy weekend making sure I have all the docs in place to make the application on Monday/Tuesday latest. The last 8 weeks wait has been a killer and we haven't even applied for the actual visa yet! :x