ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ireland visa/asylum for a sister

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

m_999999
Newly Registered

Ireland visa/asylum for a sister

Post by m_999999 » Wed May 17, 2017 6:59 pm

Hi,
I am single settled in UK. I have a sister who has learning difficulties. Our parent died with sudden heart attacks last year in Pakistan. She has no one there and I couldn't move there as I have no job in Pakistan. I am supporting her from here and she is temporarily living with my cousins and is very unhappy. She wants to live a free life. I have searched that Adult Relative dependent visa on my behalf in UK has low rate of success. Is there a way I could take her to Ireland and claim an asylum for her on humanitarian grounds. I would be able to visit her frequent at least. It has been very hard for us. If I show that I would support in Ireland could she come on a visit and put an asylum application or can she extend her visit. I would really appreciate an honest reply.

Many Thanks in advance...

arz1986
- thin ice -

Re: Ireland visa/asylum for a sister

Post by arz1986 » Sun May 21, 2017 1:43 pm

you can apply, but if she is 21 year or above, she can in EFM EU1A category, It take ages now in ireland to get visa, i recommend try sweden, germany is easy and quick to get this visa

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun May 21, 2017 1:47 pm

arz1986 wrote:you can apply, but if she is 21 year or above, she can in EFM EU1A category, It take ages now in ireland to get visa, i recommend try sweden, germany is easy and quick to get this visa
The OP is NOT planning to move to another EU state based on what he says. He will only visit her.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun May 21, 2017 1:48 pm

Asylum is for someone in fear of persecution in their home country and this doesn't appear to be the case for your sister. Being 'unhappy' living with relatives won't qualify.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.