ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Director of a Limited Company - Tax Documents

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

seraax

Director of a Limited Company - Tax Documents

Post by seraax » Thu May 18, 2017 10:36 am

Hello experts,

I have an appointment with NCS to apply for naturalization based on marriage to BC (5+ years). I am quite confused about documents I need to provide in regards to my employment.

I am director (not self employed) of a limited company which is just over a year old. The company didn't make any money, I haven't paid myself a penny (no salary/dividends/expenses - nothing at all) and I want to close it down. I haven't submitted my SA and company tax return yet.

On AN application form says, SECTION 7: "evidence of tax for self employed applicants only".

Can someone please clarify, do I need to submit my "tax documents" with the application or not?

Best regards,

s

seraax

Re: Director of a Limited Company - Tax Documents

Post by seraax » Thu May 18, 2017 3:02 pm

I've just spoken to my NCS office and explained them the situation. They told me to bring letter confirming registration date of the company and nothing else.

Can someone please confirm if that normally would be enough for the HO or not?

sharmao
United Kingdom

Post by sharmao » Thu May 18, 2017 4:38 pm

www.serge wrote:Hello experts,

I have an appointment with NCS to apply for naturalization based on marriage to BC (5+ years). I am quite confused about documents I need to provide in regards to my employment.

I am director (not self employed) of a limited company which is just over a year old. The company didn't make any money, I haven't paid myself a penny (no salary/dividends/expenses - nothing at all) and I want to close it down. I haven't submitted my SA and company tax return yet.

On AN application form says, SECTION 7: "evidence of tax for self employed applicants only".

Can someone please clarify, do I need to submit my "tax documents" with the application or not?

Best regards,

s
Why would you say you are self employed. I am a limited company director and I selected the option which says 'limited company director'. For my application I was not asked to submit any tax or income related document at NCS. This was true for another friend of mine who applied a day before me and has similar circumstances.

seraax

Post by seraax » Thu May 18, 2017 4:59 pm

sharmao wrote: I selected the option which says 'limited company director'.
That's exactly what my thoughts were. Latest tax return required only for self-employed applicants. But after reading the forum I've found few posts where "directors" (who did take money out from the company) did need to submit SA as well.

Also, in AN guidance I've found this bit:
1.48 - 1.50 You must provide details of all your National Insurance contributions
made for your current and previous employment during the past 10 years. To support
this claim evidence can be in the form of payslips, P60s covering the relevant period,
or a letter(s) from the employer(s) confirming you have worked for them, from the
start and finish date.
If you do not pay income tax through PAYE you must demonstrate that you have
discharged your obligations towards the H.M. Revenue & Customs, by attaching a
Self Assessment Statement of Account.
Very confusing, especially that I didn't earn any money from the company.

When did you submit your application? Have you had any news yet?

sharmao
United Kingdom

Post by sharmao » Thu May 18, 2017 5:03 pm

Submitted my application with NCS Camden on 31st March. Have given the biometrics on 20th April and waiting since then.

seraax

Post by seraax » Thu May 18, 2017 5:12 pm

sharmao wrote:waiting since then.
Alright, let's hope everything will be fine!

My NCS appointment is on Monday.