ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

The future intentions requirement

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

chi_chi_chi
Newly Registered

The future intentions requirement

Post by chi_chi_chi » Thu May 18, 2017 12:08 pm

Dear Immigration Board community members,

My question is about the future intentions requirement, as part of BC application process.

I've been in the UK for 7 years (in that order): one year - Tier 4, five years - Tier 2, almost one year - ILR. In September 2017, I plan to apply for BC (once I hold ILR for 1 year). I am fully compliant with all the requirements, i.e. being a good character, have knowledge of English and life in the UK, met residency requirement and didn't break any immigration laws etc. My case should be straightforward.

However, in August I am starting 2 years MBA program in the US (in one of the world's top business schools). I was planning to fly to London from the US to apply for BC and then fly again to submit biometrics. Flights are reasonably cheap so that is not a problem. After MBA I plan to return to the UK.

Before going to the US, I will be quitting my job in London. Also, I have no property in London as I was renting all the time. How can I possibly meet future intentions requirement and demonstrate that I will continue living in the UK after MBA?

ouflak1

Re: The future intentions requirement

Post by ouflak1 » Thu May 18, 2017 1:20 pm

The spirit of the requirement is that you will continue to make the UK the center and base of your life. It sounds like that is your intention.

chi_chi_chi
Newly Registered

Post by chi_chi_chi » Thu May 18, 2017 3:08 pm

that is exactly my question - how can I prove my intention? Do I need to prove it?

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bruteforce » Sat May 20, 2017 11:09 pm

You simply state on the form that you intend to make UK your home.