ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Withdrawing EEA(FM) and Overstaying

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

manicminer
United Kingdom

Withdrawing EEA(FM) and Overstaying

Post by manicminer » Thu May 18, 2017 4:09 pm

My wife has just withdrawn her EEA(FM) application. We are leaving the UK to go back to Asia around mid-June.
I am a British citizen, and she is Asian. I was previously exercising Treaty rights in Portugal.

Her passport has been retained by the home office and will be returned through the voluntary departure service at the airport.

Will she be on overstay and subject to a re-entry ban or does this not apply to family members of EU nationals in our situation?

Thanks.

vinny

Re: Withdrawing EEA(FM) and Overstaying

Post by vinny » Thu May 18, 2017 10:39 pm

Any re-entry ban based on overstaying would depend on the type of application that your wife makes. For example, it would apply to applications as a visitor but not to applications as a spouse of a British citizen nor to applications under the EEA Regulations.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.