ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Immigration status requirement for FLR(5 years)

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

AZZURI
Newly Registered

Immigration status requirement for FLR(5 years)

Post by AZZURI » Thu May 18, 2017 10:02 pm

I do apologise if this has been asked before. I am the wife of a British national that has excercised his free movement rights in An EU state, I hold a residence card of a family member of a EU citizen article 10 and entered the UK with this. I received an stamp stating admitted to the United Kingdom under eea regulations 2006. I have applied for my UKRC however it doesn't look good the outcome of it. Due to not being in Host country too long . So I'm preparing for a negative response. We want to apply for FLR(m) however we are not sure if we meet the immigration status requirements as set out in
E-LTRP.2.1. The applicant must not be in the UK- (a) as a visitor; or
(b) with valid leave granted for a period of 6 months or less, unless that leave is as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner, or was granted pending the outcome of family court or divorce proceedings
E-LTRP.2.2. The applicant must not be in the UK –
(a) on temporary admission or temporary release, unless paragraph EX.1. applies; or
(b) in breach of immigration laws (disregarding any period of overstaying for a period of 28 days or less), unless paragraph EX.1. applies

I need some advice whether my immigration status would be ok for FLR(m) as we all know it's not cheap and that excluding solicitor fees.
I know of someone in the same position as me. Refused UKRC, made a fresh application for UKRC (received certificate of application stating they has right to work etc )to buy time to get documents ready for FLR . FLR granted. Please note it stays on people's UKRC refusal they can make a separate application for FLR(m)

Please help
Thank you

vinny

Re: Immigration status requirement for FLR(5 years)

Post by vinny » Thu May 18, 2017 10:47 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

rahmsye
United Kingdom

Post by rahmsye » Fri May 19, 2017 10:54 am

AZZURI wrote:I do apologise if this has been asked before. I am the wife of a British national that has excercised his free movement rights in An EU state, I hold a residence card of a family member of a EU citizen article 10 and entered the UK with this. I received an stamp stating admitted to the United Kingdom under eea regulations 2006. I have applied for my UKRC however it doesn't look good the outcome of it. Due to not being in Host country too long . So I'm preparing for a negative response. We want to apply for FLR(m) however we are not sure if we meet the immigration status requirements as set out in
(b) with valid leave granted for a period of 6 months or less, unless that leave is as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner, or was granted pending the outcome of family court or divorce proceedings
(a) on temporary admission or temporary release, unless paragraph EX.1. applies; or
(b) in breach of immigration laws (disregarding any period of overstaying for a period of 28 days or less), unless paragraph EX.1. applies

I need some advice whether my immigration status would be ok for FLR(m) as we all know it's not cheap and that excluding solicitor fees.
I know of someone in the same position as me. Refused UKRC, made a fresh application for UKRC (received certificate of application stating they has right to work etc )to buy time to get documents ready for FLR . FLR granted. Please note it stays on people's UKRC refusal they can make a separate application for FLR(m)

Please help
Thank you
Hi this is kind of unrelated to FLR but i wanted to ask I am assuming you are doing Surinder Singh route, you said you expect a negative reply how long did you stay in eea host country and did you integrate I myself in a similar situation.

Thanks

AZZURI
Newly Registered

Post by AZZURI » Fri May 19, 2017 8:36 pm

I did :( but I'm struggling to understand it, and I think my case is slightly different.

I need urgent help, solictors will say yes no problem apply, they just want money !!

AZZURI
Newly Registered

Post by AZZURI » Fri May 19, 2017 8:39 pm

rahmsye wrote:
AZZURI wrote:I do apologise if this has been asked before. I am the wife of a British national that has excercised his free movement rights in An EU state, I hold a residence card of a family member of a EU citizen article 10 and entered the UK with this. I received an stamp stating admitted to the United Kingdom under eea regulations 2006. I have applied for my UKRC however it doesn't look good the outcome of it. Due to not being in Host country too long . So I'm preparing for a negative response. We want to apply for FLR(m) however we are not sure if we meet the immigration status requirements as set out in

Please help
Thank you
Hi this is kind of unrelated to FLR but i wanted to ask I am assuming you are doing Surinder Singh route, you said you expect a negative reply how long did you stay in eea host country and did you integrate I myself in a similar situation.

Thanks
4 months, and yes I did. But the home office seem not to think so.
Anything less than 1 year in host state today is a refusal.
I'm on a group on facebook, and a lot of people are getting refusals.

rahmsye
United Kingdom

Post by rahmsye » Fri May 19, 2017 9:15 pm

AZZURI wrote:
rahmsye wrote:

Please help
Thank you

Thanks
4 months, and yes I did. But the home office seem not to think so.
Anything less than 1 year in host state today is a refusal.
I'm on a group on facebook, and a lot of people are getting refusals.
Ah really but if you got family permit length of stay is also considered under centre of life test so surely they cant deny a rc but give you a family permit at the same time. It will simply pass on appeal. HO and their stupid made up rules.

It would be interesting to get anyone else''s opinion on this,

Thanks for replying you never know they could still say yes to the RC be hopeful. It can depend on how well you integrated not just length of time.

tequilabird
Newly Registered

Post by tequilabird » Mon May 22, 2017 5:27 pm

I'm in exactly the same position. Looking for exactly the same information as would be happy to go down the route of FLR (M) providing we qualify.

AZZURI
Newly Registered

Post by AZZURI » Mon May 22, 2017 7:50 pm

tequilabird wrote:I'm in exactly the same position. Looking for exactly the same information as would be happy to go down the route of FLR (M) providing we qualify.
I know someone in the exactly the same position and her husband got granted FLR. But it's a lot of money considering they could refuse saying your immigration status is not sufficient. Scary.
If you have any updates let me know

tequilabird
Newly Registered

Post by tequilabird » Mon May 22, 2017 8:08 pm

Yes, I do too but I only know of one person so far. It's a lot of money to lose. To be honest, it's probably the same person as you know.

AZZURI
Newly Registered

Post by AZZURI » Mon May 22, 2017 8:57 pm

tequilabird wrote:Yes, I do too but I only know of one person so far. It's a lot of money to lose. To be honest, it's probably the same person as you know.
Snapppp