ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

March/ April Priority Visa Applications

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

AES90
- thin ice -

March/ April Priority Visa Applications

Post by AES90 » Fri May 19, 2017 11:16 am

As there has been a reported backlog of applications - i thought it will be a helpful thread to establish to keep March and April applicants informed.

I applied 1st April on priority. Our application is yet to be assessed despite escalation.

Admins - this won't be a spam thread but we are unable to discuss any other topics in the timeline threads. Some of us have been a waiting 6 weeks+ even for our applications to be assessed and looking at people's discussions or the talks they've had with UKVI is some respite for our ongoing daily struggle.

SimonS

Re: March/ April Priority Visa Applications

Post by SimonS » Fri May 19, 2017 11:56 am

Hi AES90,

good idea. There has been a lot of debate on this site about the topic recently and I for one, am feeling a little uneasy. Charging an additional 33% for a service that is not delivered or where the goal posts are continuously shifted would not be tolerated in any other enterprise and I find it astonishing.

We applied with priority, from Russia on 19th April. We received email correspondence end of April stating decision will be witihn 12 weeks. Since then we've not been officially advised of any delay other than the various threads here and we have had no decision. I'm trying to remain calm and confident but I suspect that will change if I've heard nothing back by this time next week!

I don't think it helps that when you go onto the gov.uk site and check visa processing times from a specific jurisdiction and VAC they vary greatly. Out of interest, I compared Pakistan to Russia yesterday and found considerable differences in the guidance.

That led me to wonder whether they have a dedicated team of ECO for specific geographical regions and are simply overloaded in certain areas. This may make some sense. Certainly there is an apparent disconnect in the information coming out of Sheffield that is shared here.

I think it may be quite useful if everybody that posts to this thread mentions where and when they applied. That would paint a picture of whether it's a general trend or specific to a particular geography or circumstance.

Good Luck
Simon

AES90
- thin ice -

Post by AES90 » Fri May 19, 2017 12:14 pm

I agree and whilst I totally agree with admins that some previous threads turned into several pages of spam of
People asking "any updates' etc - I think you can't totally understand what's going through an applicants mind until you actually apply. It's one of the most depressing situations that I've been in my life.

I compare peoples dates to when they applied in March and then think that maybe my application is next. This gives me some hope and ease.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri May 19, 2017 2:07 pm

You are if course assuming us mods have not been through the whole visa/ILR/BC processes and don't know about the stress.

Topics such as this do not add value, become a ranting one and do become chit chat just like all the others so it will be locked.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.