ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR financial requirement - combined income

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

syer
Newly Registered

FLR financial requirement - combined income

Post by syer » Fri May 19, 2017 2:05 pm

Hi, hoping someone can clarify this for me. Am i right to think the threshold be met by a combination of both the sponsors income and the applicants income?

Secondly, I (the sponsor) am self employed and my wife is in non salaried employment. In appendix fm it says "these sources can be combined, but only for the period of the relevant financial year(s)" The next financial year won't have passed by the time we apply so i assume that means we can only use my wife's payslips from within the last full financial year. We have until February to apply so this means we won't be showing any evidence of her income of the 10 months or so before the application.

syer
Newly Registered

Re: FLR financial requirement - combined income

Post by syer » Fri May 19, 2017 3:03 pm

sorry, just found the answer to my own question, if it's of use to anyone else it's explained here: https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... rement.pdf

9.3.7. Where a couple are using their joint income to meet the financial requirement, all of this
income must fall within the financial year(s) being relied on and must still be a source of
income at the time of application. For example, if the applicant is in the UK with
permission to work, to combine their salaried employment income with their partner’s
self-employment income, they must provide evidence of the income received from this
salaried employment during their self-employed partner’s relevant financial year(s) and
evidence of ongoing employment at the date of application.