ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Retaining HSMP possibility

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

FLR

Retaining HSMP possibility

Post by FLR » Thu Nov 18, 2004 8:10 am

Hi all,

I have got US L1 visa and going to US to work with my employer. At the same time I have my HSMP visa stamped as well. Now when I will go to US to work there I will LOOSE my HSMP.

Is there any way that I can retain and with-hold my HSMP status and be able to come to UK after an year. I am really interested in my UK immigration.

Kayalami and other knowledgeful people are asked to provide the replies. After waiting and making so much efforts for HSMP, at the same time I got my US L1 as well.

--Hafeez

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Thu Nov 18, 2004 8:21 am

Unfortunatly if you are not in the UK during your one year period, you will not be able to obtain an extension for yourself. You have 3 months from the date of your approval to get EC and a 12 months visa after that. HSMP programme leads to settlement and naturalisation. They would expect people in HSMP to stay and work over here and thats why during the extension period, they would like the applicant to show them all their economic activities.

If you are still interested in coming in the UK then you will have to apply for HSMP all over again.

try-one
Member of Standing

Re: Retaining HSMP possibility

Post by try-one » Thu Nov 18, 2004 8:25 am

hafeez wrote:Hi all,

I have got US L1 visa and going to US to work with my employer. At the same time I have my HSMP visa stamped as well. Now when I will go to US to work there I will LOOSE my HSMP.

Is there any way that I can retain and with-hold my HSMP status and be able to come to UK after an year. I am really interested in my UK immigration.

Kayalami and other knowledgeful people are asked to provide the replies. After waiting and making so much efforts for HSMP, at the same time I got my US L1 as well.

--Hafeez
Don't we all...... It would be ideal to have the two options ready....
Well, you need to be economically active...... or you need to show that you are taking the steps to become economically active.
You already have the HSMP Stamped, so you started the 12 months clock.
You can easily spend 6 months in the US before taking any action.
You won't loose the HSMP just by going to the US, but renewal could be complicated if you are not at least living here. Also, if you want to apply for residence, that initial year while in the US is lost for the purpose of showing that you lived 4 years in the UK......
Relocating is expensive, both economically and personally...are you going to relocate to the US and then to the UK in 6 months time........
-------------------------
Life is a journey, not a destination (S. Tyler)

FLR

Post by FLR » Thu Nov 18, 2004 10:26 am

My current employers wants me to join its office in US and I like to get both options intact. I want to know if there is any possibility if I, after 1 year in US, come to UK and get my HSMP start
or
get my HSMP on hold for an year.

I don't know whether my employer will retain me in US for the coming years or not.

try-one
Member of Standing

Post by try-one » Thu Nov 18, 2004 11:07 am

You can not froze the HSMP, you will need to reaply then and wait the 26 weeks or the current time when you apply.

bani

Post by bani » Thu Nov 18, 2004 11:32 am

after a few months in the US, you can decide whether living there is what you want. and if it's not, then travel to the UK to jobhunt while your HSMP stamp is valid. it is nice to have the options you have, but it really is too much to ask to keep them both alive indefinitely. you can only be in one place at one time after all.

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Thu Nov 18, 2004 11:33 am

try-one wrote:You can not froze the HSMP, you will need to reaply then and wait the 26 weeks or the current time when you apply.
By that time it could be a waiting perion of nearly 12months.....

fisrt time applications taking 26weeks and FLR taking 13 weeks is just taking the pi*s................

what is so complicated in the FLR process that requires 3 months waiting :roll:

Atleast for HSMP first applications - they have to sieve trough all sorts of eveidence......

perharps they are waiting for the fee increases due in April 05. Manged migration is turning out to be a real income earner for the government :o
Where there is a will there is a way.

talk2ravi

HSMP

Post by talk2ravi » Fri Nov 19, 2004 4:24 am

Hi,

I am also looking for a quick clarification.

After getting the HSMP approval, I understand that an EC needs to be taken in next 3 months.

I also understand that I can enter the UK IN NEXT 12 months AFTER I GET THE EC. (correct me if I am wrong)

My query is that if I enter the UK after the 10th month of getting the EC stamped. WHEN SHOULD I APPLY FOR RENEWAL? 12 months after the arrival or within 12 months of the EC getting stamped.

Thanks in advance.
Ravi

try-one
Member of Standing

Post by try-one » Fri Nov 19, 2004 7:27 am

12 months of the EC stamped, you are renewing the "visa", if you waited 12 months after entering the country you will be staying without a visa for 10 months....(your example)

MWazir
Diamond Member

Re: HSMP

Post by MWazir » Fri Nov 19, 2004 7:46 am

talk2ravi wrote:Hi,

I am also looking for a quick clarification.

After getting the HSMP approval, I understand that an EC needs to be taken in next 3 months.

I also understand that I can enter the UK IN NEXT 12 months AFTER I GET THE EC. (correct me if I am wrong)

My query is that if I enter the UK after the 10th month of getting the EC stamped. WHEN SHOULD I APPLY FOR RENEWAL? 12 months after the arrival or within 12 months of the EC getting stamped.

Thanks in advance.
Ravi
Your 12 months will start from the date of issue of your visa and the valid until date will be mentioned. If you have waited 10 months, then you would also apply immediatly as for extension you have to send your application 2 months in advance. You would also have to convince the HO on why you came only in the 10th month (i.e just to get an extension) which may not be viewed very favourably.

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Wed Nov 24, 2004 9:08 pm

hafeez wrote:Is there any way that I can retain and with-hold my HSMP status and be able to come to UK after an year.
No - the HSMP has a UK residency and economic activity requirements. Decide which one you prefer - HSMP leads to settlement in the UK and potential British citizenship far more quicker and cheaper than the L visa (is it A or B) leads to a green card and US citizenship.

FLR

Post by FLR » Thu Dec 09, 2004 10:34 am

Kayalami,

While going to US, if I stay in UK for some days (open account etc...) and then move to US from there and be there for five months. Will I be able to get extension if I come back to UK?

Can there be some way if I come to UK to live there for four months and get my extension? Infact, I do not exactly know how much time will my employer want me to stay with them, so want to unclose my UK option.

--Hafeez

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Thu Dec 09, 2004 10:40 am

Hafeez - I trust that you have had clear and unambiguous answers to your queries.

Unfortunately you can't llawfully reside in two countries at the same time. You will have to make up your mind at some point.

I have deleted your 'other' post and I am locking this thread
Where there is a will there is a way.