ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Born to non-British parents in 1996

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Chemu
Newly Registered

Born to non-British parents in 1996

Post by Chemu » Sun May 21, 2017 9:46 pm

Hello,

I am inquiring on behalf of my niece. Born in the UK in 1996. Lived for 15 years and went back Tanzania. Both parents died and in 2013, the only Brother also died in the UK. She is now back in the UK as an international student. I just thought there must be a way she should settle.

She is now 20, living with me, a British citizen and an assumed guardian. Under what category should I apply as she is now an adult? And What are the fees? Please advise.

Chemu

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Born to non-British parents in 1996

Post by CR001 » Sun May 21, 2017 10:02 pm

Just being born in the UK does not confer any citizenship status.

What were her parents immigration status at the time of her birth?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vinny

Re: Born to non-British parents in 1996

Post by vinny » Sun May 21, 2017 11:24 pm

If a parent was settled at the time of her birth, then she is automatically British. Else, she is entitled to register.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.