ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Visitor visa refusal - urgent guidance needed

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

baba_baba

UK Visitor visa refusal - urgent guidance needed

Post by baba_baba » Mon May 22, 2017 4:35 am

Casa wrote:Unfortunately not surprising due to the frequent and lengthy visits to the UK your Father has been making.

Visitor visas have become far more difficult to obtain for parents following the tightening on the Immigration Rules in July 2012 for adult dependent relatives.

This is official guidance for Entry Clearance Officers when making the decision:

the cumulative period of time the applicant has visited the UK and their pattern
of travel over the last 12 month period, and assess whether this amounts to ‘defacto’
residence in the UK"
and
"You should check the applicant’s travel history: how long are they spending in the
UK and how frequently are they returning? You must assess if they are, in effect,
making the UK their main home.
You should look at:
• the purpose of the visit and intended length of stay stated
• the number of visits made over the past 12 months, including the length of stay
on each occasion, the time elapsed since the last visit, and if this amounts to
the individual spending more time in the UK than in their home country
the purpose of return trips to the visitor’s home country and if this is used only
to seek re-entry to the UK
"

Pages 8, 10/11
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... s-v5_0.pdf
Hi Senior Advisors

I am planning to apply for a visitor visa to my parent.
My dad passed away in April 2017 and I like my mum to
Come and spend some time with us. My daughter's birthday is in July and it will be great if she can during that time.
My parents have visited UK in 2006 and 2013 as visitors. The first visit was for my graduation and the second was my son's birth. During their second visit they stayed almost 5 months before leaving. This is because they wanted to spend little extra time with my son. I am worried this time as I see lot of applications refused based on their previous visit history.
I am planning to include a letter explaining why stayed 5 months in 2013. Am I looking at a easy refusal this time? Can someone share their experiences or advise?

poper
Diamond Member
India

Re: UK Visitor visa refusal - urgent guidance needed

Post by poper » Mon May 22, 2017 9:38 am

baba_baba wrote:
Casa wrote:Unfortunately not surprising due to the frequent and lengthy visits to the UK your Father has been making.

Visitor visas have become far more difficult to obtain for parents following the tightening on the Immigration Rules in July 2012 for adult dependent relatives.

This is official guidance for Entry Clearance Officers when making the decision:

the cumulative period of time the applicant has visited the UK and their pattern
of travel over the last 12 month period, and assess whether this amounts to ‘defacto’
residence in the UK"
and
"You should check the applicant’s travel history: how long are they spending in the
UK and how frequently are they returning? You must assess if they are, in effect,
You should look at:
• the number of visits made over the past 12 months, including the length of stay
the purpose of return trips to the visitor’s home country and if this is used only
"

Pages 8, 10/11
Hi Senior Advisors

Come and spend some time with us. My daughter's birthday is in July and it will be great if she can during that time.
My parents have visited UK in 2006 and 2013 as visitors. The first visit was for my graduation and the second was my son's birth. During their second visit they stayed almost 5 months before leaving. This is because they wanted to spend little extra time with my son. I am worried this time as I see lot of applications refused based on their previous visit history.
I am planning to include a letter explaining why stayed 5 months in 2013. Am I looking at a easy refusal this time? Can someone share their experiences or advise?
For their previous visits if the intended duration of stay was inline with the actual stay this shouldn't be a cause of concern. The guidelines permit a stay of upto 6 months. Frequent lengthy stays could cause problems.
If your parents had stayed longer than expected you will need to reason out why along with how they managed to sustain the additional costs in a letter
You will need to produce substantial documents on your mother's family ties back home and her financial well being
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

baba_baba

Post by baba_baba » Mon May 22, 2017 10:58 am

Thank you for your reply.

baba_baba

Post by baba_baba » Wed May 31, 2017 7:23 am

Hi
In last occasions, my parents showed their property and funds in their bank account.
I was a work permit holder and provided them with a letter of invitation and accommodation letter.

I am a British citizen now, will my mother require any additional documents this time? for example, my salary slips and etc.

Does she need to apply with a different form? (She is still coming as a general visitor)

She is still sponsoring her own visit and I am providing a letter of invitation and accommodation.

Thank you.

poper wrote:
baba_baba wrote:

residence in the UK"
and
You should look at:
"

Pages 8, 10/11
Hi Senior Advisors

For their previous visits if the intended duration of stay was inline with the actual stay this shouldn't be a cause of concern. The guidelines permit a stay of upto 6 months. Frequent lengthy stays could cause problems.
If your parents had stayed longer than expected you will need to reason out why along with how they managed to sustain the additional costs in a letter
You will need to produce substantial documents on your mother's family ties back home and her financial well being