ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Entrepreneur extension or FLR (O) or SET(O) --Please help.

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pavelazad
Newly Registered

Entrepreneur extension or FLR (O) or SET(O) --Please help.

Post by pavelazad » Mon May 22, 2017 2:17 pm

Hello everyone,

I have 7 months left to apply for ILR 10 years route. My current visa is entrepreneur and is expiring within 3 weeks time on 15th June 2017. To be honest I continued my business for first 1 and half year and after than the business collapse. I couldn't maintain anything after that time.

Now at this point my biggest concern is how can I kill long 7 months. I am after a bit of advise from anyone, would be appreciated. Please advise me..

1. Should I go for extension of Tier 1 visa? ( it's gonna be a clear cut refuse).
2. Should I go for FLR (O)?
3. Should I go for SET (O)?

Please help me. Thanks.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Entrepreneur extension or FLR (O) or SET(O) --Please hel

Post by zimba » Mon May 22, 2017 3:17 pm

I am not sure why you are asking for advice the last minute and there is no guaranteed way to kill 7 months so you can get an ILR :?
There is no FLR(O). It is now FLR(HRO) which will be refused quickly as you need human rights basis for it which you don't have.
You do not have 5 year lawful stay on a PBS route so a SET(O) application will also be refused quickly. Same thing for SET(LR) which you need to be eligible when you apply 28 days before your 10 year is up
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

pavelazad
Newly Registered

Post by pavelazad » Mon May 22, 2017 3:29 pm

zimba88 wrote:I am not sure why you are asking for advice the last minute and there is no guaranteed way to kill 7 months so you can get an ILR :?
There is no FLR(O). It is now FLR(HRO) which will be refused quickly as you need human rights basis for it which you don't have.
You do not have 5 year lawful stay on a PBS route so a SET(O) application will also be refused quickly. Same thing for SET(LR) which you need to be eligible when you apply 28 days before your 10 year is up
Thanks for your reply. i know i am being stupid waking up in the last minute. i am just looking for the best way if i can kill 7 months time at this point.

can you please let me know what did you mean by 5 years lawful stay? i came here in 2008 as student then i got PSW and then 3 years of entrepreneur. isn't it 5 years lawful stay?

i met couple of solicitors, they advised me to apply for the entrepreneur extension even it's will be refused. and after the refusal within 14days i can apply FLR (FP/HRO) and after the biometric of the FLR i need to withdraw the application and apply for SET (O) and all those process might kill 7 months if i am lucky.

If anyone have any advise or suggestion please please let me know. Thanks.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon May 22, 2017 3:56 pm

can you please let me know what did you mean by 5 years lawful stay? i came here in 2008 as student then i got PSW and then 3 years of entrepreneur. isn't it 5 years lawful stay?
You can only apply under SET(O) if you have 5 years lawful stay under Tier 1E route !!! You cannot apply under SET(O) for 10 year long residence, that is SET(LR)
i met couple of solicitors, they advised me to apply for the entrepreneur extension even it's will be refused. and after the refusal within 14days i can apply FLR (FP/HRO) and after the biometric of the FLR i need to withdraw the application and apply for SET (O) and all those process might kill 7 months if i am lucky.
You can apply for extension but it can be refused much faster than you think. Even after AR, you will become an overstayer and your 10 year lawful stay will not continue any more. It will not matter if you apply for FLR or anything within 14 days of withdrawal or refusal as you remain an overstayer and time spent overstaying is not part of the 10 year lawful stay. You are also at risk of being refused under 320(11) of the Immigration Rules - Aggravating Circumstances, due to vexatious or frivolous applications submitted simply to buy time despite being aware that these applications will not be valid.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

pavelazad
Newly Registered

If entrepreneur extension refused, i will be over stayer?

Post by pavelazad » Mon May 22, 2017 5:30 pm

Hello,

Please anyone let me know. if i get refused for my entrepreneur extension, would i be an over stayer?
i have 7 months left to apply ilr 10 yrs route.

Mak9878
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by Mak9878 » Mon May 22, 2017 5:38 pm

Hi there,
Sorry to hear your situation when you are very close to 10yrs long residency.

I am not expert adviser, but to just put some input in the topic.

1) All the application posted in march-17, in most cases like mine and others acknowledgement and biometric letter are issued in the last week (i.e. 6th week).
Have a read here (uk-tier-1-entrepreneur-visas/acknowledg ... 29395.html)

So if you are lucky to get biometric letter after one month,, so your one month is covered when you apply extension application.

2) Few people in the past on tier 4 category and also other categories, used a trick to miss 2 or 3 times biometric letter (15 working days excluding saturday and sundays, 21 days including saturday and sundays) to gain time..

if you don't enrol 1st biometric letter, then after 21 days passed or before you have to tell them that you have not received biometric letter and they will re-issue that... Then in a week time they will send you one more. Then again you get 21 days on it if lucky OR probably recorded delivery to enrol biometric in 7 days.

So in this way probably you are able to cover couple of months... But expert suggestion are very important. May be they refuse application for not enrolling biometric on 1st letter.

Hope so this trick is still valid or may be not.

Lets get some reviews on missing biometric letter from zimba and others. it may help.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: If entrepreneur extension refused, i will be over stayer

Post by zimba » Mon May 22, 2017 5:40 pm

pavelazad wrote:Hello,

Please anyone let me know. if i get refused for my entrepreneur extension, would i be an over stayer?
i have 7 months left to apply ilr 10 yrs route.
Posts MERGED :!: No need to start mew posts
Yes after your section 3C ends you become an overstayer

pavelazad
Newly Registered

Can I apply ILR(LR) 1 month before 28 days?

Post by pavelazad » Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:57 pm

helloo,

I was on entrepreneur visa and it expired on 29th may 2017. I applied for FLR(HRO) on 27th may 2017, did biometric and haven't received any decision yet. I will eligible to apply ILR on 9th January 2018 (which is 28 days before 10 years).

its 1 more month to go. i am worried if i get FLR(HRO) decision by that time. i discussed with a solicitor and he told me to apply for the ILR(LR) now which is a month before 28 days. can anyone please advise me is it gonna be a good decision to apply for ILR now? or should i wait till 9th January and hope they wont give any decision by that time?

Thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Entrepreneur extension or FLR (O) or SET(O) --Please help.

Post by zimba » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:06 pm

You can if you do not get refused by then as your section 3C continues for now