ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Part time hours calculation

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Dea guy

Part time hours calculation

Post by Dea guy » Tue May 23, 2017 6:42 pm

Hi,
Sorry to write here in someone post but my question is about the hours calculation. I hope admin would not mind.
If one employee works 110 hours a month.
Obviously he is not full time and he will be considered part time emoloyee. If an employee works as a part time for two years. Will he be considered one full time employee? I heard from solicitor that there is no a such point in policy which says that two years part time employement will be considered one year full time employement.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Part time hours calculation

Post by zimba » Tue May 23, 2017 11:41 pm

Hours worked per month do NOT make someone full time or part time. IT IS HOURS WORKED PER WEEK 30 hours or more PER WEEK and then you are a full time employee. That is the definition as per EU laws and immigration rules. :!: :!:

Also there is NO GUIDE on the part time hour calculation and no one can give you a definite answer. See: uk-tier-1-entrepreneur-visas/criteria-f ... l#p1437307
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

marcnath
United Kingdom

Re: Part time hours calculation

Post by marcnath » Thu May 25, 2017 12:06 pm

The guidance only states that :
===
the hours of workers in 2 part-time jobs can be combined to add up to 30 hours a week or more and form the equivalent of one full-time job, as long as the 2 part-time jobs exist for 12 months. By way of an example, it could be that one employee worked 20 hours in one part-time job; Another employee worked 10 hours in another part-time job; If they have both been employed for at least 12 months, they can be combined to make one full-time job. If you are combining jobs in this way, you must make it clear in your application which employees/jobs are being used;
=====
As Zimba says, there is no guide to the calculation.
The guidance does not say that the two (or more) part time jobs need to exist at the same time.
It would be best to hear from someone who has been in a similar situation to yours to understand if this would be accepted.
But, personally, I think you run the risk of it being not allowed because of two words in there - workers and jobs

The plural seems to indicate that the combined jobs should be different.
The guidance also says that you need to clearly show which jobs are being combined. That means they are expecting two entries for it in the application form. If you show one person for 24 months, you can't indicate which jobs are being combined.

If the same person was doing two different jobs - e.g administration for 12 months and sales for another 12 months, then you would enter it separately and might be able to argue that they should be allowed to be combined. But it will, at the minimum, be questioned.