ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching from Tier1 Entrepreneur to tier2 General

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

leo1980
Newly Registered

Switching from Tier1 Entrepreneur to tier2 General

Post by leo1980 » Tue May 23, 2017 9:17 pm

Hello Guys – Hope you can help with this below query.

I am currently on tier1 Entrepreneur visa (200K Category) and my visa is up for renewal in Oct’17. I would like to switch from tier1 Entrepreneur to tier2 General Category. Can you please help in clarifying the below?
• Will I be asked for any of tier1 documents (Job creation, Investment etc.) when I switch into Tier2 General?
• I presume my current stay on tier1 is considered for ILR after finishing 5 years of stay in the UK (combined stay from tier1 and tier2). Will I be asked to provide any Tier1 documents when I appear for ILR through Tier2 General?
• Currently I am a director of my company, should be resigning before I go for visa extension?
• I have 6 months infant baby, should I be applying for a visa for the baby as well?
Many thanks,

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Switching from Tier1 Entrepreneur to tier2 General

Post by zimba » Tue May 23, 2017 11:45 pm

Will I be asked for any of tier1 documents (Job creation, Investment etc.) when I switch into Tier2 General?
No
I presume my current stay on tier1 is considered for ILR after finishing 5 years of stay in the UK (combined stay from tier1 and tier2). Will I be asked to provide any Tier1 documents when I appear for ILR through Tier2 General?
No
Currently I am a director of my company, should be resigning before I go for visa extension?
You cannot be self employed or work for yourself on Tier 2. Resign when switched
I have 6 months infant baby, should I be applying for a visa for the baby as well?
If the infant is UK born, you can apply for the visa if you want to travel with the infant outside the UK.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Wed May 24, 2017 9:38 am

[quote="zimba88"]

[quote]Currently I am a director of my company, should be resigning before I go for visa extension?[/quote]
You cannot be self employed or work for yourself on Tier 2. Resign when switched

[/quote]

Being a director is not an employment unless there is a remuneration attached to it. Voluntary jobs are definitely allowed and I don't see a non-exec Director appointment as explicitly barred either.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed May 24, 2017 12:13 pm

True but what is the point of being a director of a company which can not pay you any remuneration ? Also voluntary work under Tier 2 has its own rules !

Another note: Can you please untick the 'Disable BBCode' under options when you are posting on the forum ? Your posts do not show quotes and formatting correctly because of that !!
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

ineedhelp99
Newly Registered

Post by ineedhelp99 » Thu May 25, 2017 12:09 am

Sorry to jump in the ongoing conversation, but just one of my own queries, can you combine time spent on T1 and then on T2 sponsored visa to qualify for 5 years ILR?

Cheers JJ

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Thu May 25, 2017 12:13 am

Yes

ineedhelp99
Newly Registered

Post by ineedhelp99 » Thu May 25, 2017 12:20 am

Nice one pal :)

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Thu May 25, 2017 9:56 am

ineedhelp99 wrote:Sorry to jump in the ongoing conversation, but just one of my own queries, can you combine time spent on T1 and then on T2 sponsored visa to qualify for 5 years ILR?

Cheers JJ
Being a bit picky here, but it depends on what T1 you are on.

The rule is
- any tier 1, except Tier 1 (Post-study work) or Tier 1 (Graduate Entrepreneur)

infinitesmile

Post by infinitesmile » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:47 pm

Hi leo1980,

Were you able to switch to tier 2 without any problem.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:52 pm

infinitesmile wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:47 pm
Hi leo1980,

Were you able to switch to tier 2 without any problem.
The user has not logged into the forum since he posted the original post. Kindly start your own topic with your circumstances and questions instead of tagging questions onto old threads.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.