ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying citizenship but moving home shortly.?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dhruv4500
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Applying citizenship but moving home shortly.?

Post by dhruv4500 » Tue May 23, 2017 9:51 pm

Hello everyone,
I am applying for my British citizenship this week, and we are planning to move house probably in a month.
While applying I will be giving my current address, How can I update my address so that I receive all the docs to my new address.
Do they send the docs through royal mail or through any other private courier?
How long does it take to receive my passport and all the docs?

astonished

Re: Applying citizenship but moving home shortly.?

Post by astonished » Tue May 23, 2017 10:07 pm

On the 'additional information' page of the application form, state your new address and when you will be moving in.

A few weeks before your move, change your address with your bank or credit card providers so statements with your new address will show up in the post.

When you move, log on to https://visa-address-update.service.gov.uk/ and update your address, providing proof of ID and proof of new address (this is where those bank statements come in handy).

If applying through JCAP, you will also have to update your address with HMPO using proof of new address (the form you get when you submit your naturalisation application will give you HMPO's contact details).

For added peace of mind, you can use Royal Mail's redirection service. Set that up in advance so it starts redirecting your mail after a certain date.

dhruv4500
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Applying citizenship but moving home shortly.?

Post by dhruv4500 » Mon May 29, 2017 8:19 am

Thanks for your reply. Its really helpful.