ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

When to apply?

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

samira_uk
BANNED

When to apply?

Post by samira_uk » Wed May 24, 2017 8:16 am

Hi,

I have a question for an in-country Tier 4 application. I read in the guidance that it should not be made more than 3 months before the course start date. however, in the rules it is clearly stated that the new leave will be granted up to one month before the course start date.

Someone told me, when your application is approved the previous leave will be cancelled automatically and so you will have a gap between your date of application (assume you apply in person) and start of the new leave. So, you should apply one month before the course start date. Is it true as I could not find anything for that.

vinny

Re: When to apply?

Post by vinny » Wed May 24, 2017 8:42 am

See also UKCISA's advice.

Perhaps they wouldn't cancel the previous leave before expiry, if there's a gap between the date of decision and the start of new leave.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: When to apply?

Post by sah10406 » Wed May 24, 2017 5:39 pm

samira_uk wrote:Someone told me, when your application is approved the previous leave will be cancelled automatically and so you will have a gap between your date of application (assume you apply in person) and start of the new leave. So, you should apply one month before the course start date. Is it true as I could not find anything for that.
No. I advise you ask the "someone" who told you this where they got their information from.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.