ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice needed for EEA1/EEA2 joint application

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ran

Advice needed for EEA1/EEA2 joint application

Post by ran » Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:47 pm

Hi,

I have been following this forum for a few years now and in the past have been helped by the valuable advice from the members. I am currently in the final stage of application for EEA1 and EEA2 forms but needed some advice. I would be most grateful if any of you can help me out a bit. But I do aplogize for the length of the queries and any help on any bit would be most appreciated.

I am Indian and my wife (who is dutch) are applying for EEA2 and EEA1 respectively. We got married last October in denmark. My current HSMP visa runs out in May this year. I have duly filled in the application forms but had a few issues on which I need some advice. I am listing them down below.

1) My wife has emigrated from Holland - she is currently undertaking a PhD here at university of edinburgh where she got funding for her tuition and research costs from the university. I take care of our maintenance and living through my full time employment here. We live quite comfortably within our means and have never applied for any public funds in the UK.
But in this regard I have confusion – I am pretty sure my wife is exercising her treaty rights as a student. But she may also be satisfying the “economically self-sufficientâ€

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:34 pm

This is indeed a big list, which may be the reason you have had no replies.

If you would like detailed assistance, please send me a PM.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

thsths
United Kingdom

Re: Advice needed for EEA1/EEA2 joint application

Post by thsths » Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:46 pm

[quote="ran"]2) In this regard I was wondering how to fill up the forms, if we put in the option of being a student. The EEA1 form is pretty straightforward. But in EEA2 the section which says “employmentâ€

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:31 pm

You can apply for a residence card even when the EU national is working part time. Or is a student. Or is self sufficient.

You need to relax and enjoy your time in the UK. You are a married couple. Unless this is a sham marriage, it is almost impossible for them to not issue your Residence Card.

If they need more information, they will ask for it.

ran

Post by ran » Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:24 pm

Hi,

Thanks a ton thsths, Directive/2004/38/EC and VistoriaS.

I really am grateful for your help. But 'thsths' I am still a bit confused about the exercising treaty rights issue. As per my understanding from your post my wife can also be deemed to be exercising her treaty rights in the "employed" category! But I am confused as to how this would work. I mean I support her through my full time employment but does that mean she is exercising her treaty rights as being employed? If so should we only fill up the "employment" section in both the forms EEA1 and EEA2 with my employment details?

Would be most grateful for a further clarification on this point.

Best Regards,
Ranajit

archigabe

Post by archigabe » Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:20 pm

Being a student is exercising 'Treaty Rights'...As long as she is not a 'burden on the state', you have nothing to worry about.