ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query Regarding Italian (Schengen) Visa

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Mylogin
Newly Registered

Query Regarding Italian (Schengen) Visa

Post by Mylogin » Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:54 pm

Hi,

I have a small query regarding Schengen Visa through Italian embassy, I hope someone with similar experience could help me. Me and my wife (Indian National, in UK on FLR till 2010) are planning to go to Italy for 5 days. I have booked the appointment for Visa stamping through internet but not able to get some required info (neither from their website nor thru phone):

1. Do we both need to travel to Italian embassy to get the Visa stamped or only one of them can get it done for both of us, carrying passports & required documents of both?

2. The appointment time is of 10:20 AM, what should be the best time to reach there? Do you still have to stand in queue from early morning even if you have appointment or you can reach just 30min before?

3. I have got a schengen visa stamped previously for France & Germany (not Italy), will this be of any benefit. Although, my wife is planning to get the stamping done for both of us.

I have currently booked the appointment thru internet (as mentioned above) in my wife's name and there was a option of number of passports in which I mentioned 2. Is there any difference in booking through internet and thru premium phone (090...). Someone mentioned to me that if you book thru phone, only one of u can get it for both but same is not the case thru internet booking, is it the case?

Any other information which anyone like to share for successful stamping.

Any response will be very much appreciated. I am bit apprehensive as i have already booked non-refundable flights and hence do not want to take any chances.

Regards
-S

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:32 pm

What is your citizenship?

sakura
Diamond Member

Re: Query Regarding Italian (Schengen) Visa

Post by sakura » Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:50 pm

1. If the embassy requires to interview all Indian nationals, then you both need to go. Check the website requirements for this.
2. Probably get there about 20 minutes before, so that you don't show up late and miss your appointment. Embassies can take a long time to get to you, though, so even if you're there on time you might still have to wait until you're called.
3. It definately helps if you had previous visas and did not overstay. They might give you a visa with a longer expiry (e.g. 1 year multiple entry), BUT this isn't a guarantee. But what do you mean by "my wife is planning to get the stamping done for both of us"? Do you mean visas issued, rather than stamped?
4. I don't know about internet booking...

Mylogin
Newly Registered

Post by Mylogin » Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:08 pm

As I mentioned above I am Indian National.

Thanks for the reply, and sorry for ambiguity. by "my wife is planning to get the stamping done for both of us", here I was assuming that my wife can alone go to embassy and get the visa issued for both of us. But it seems that there is no where mentioned in the website that 1 person can do it for both, and from the looks of it it seems that we both have to travel to get the visa done (unlike French embassy where if you book 2 appointments together, one person can personally go and do it for both). Does any one can confirm this (someone who has taken visa from Italian embassy).

Also, it is mentioned in the website that passport will not be returned on the same day, does that mean I have to go again to collect the passport or there is a provision of them sending it thru post? (I am living 200 miles from London and it will be pain to travel again to collect the passport:(

Robertadt
Newly Registered

Post by Robertadt » Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:11 pm

Hi
I'm Italian and my husband is Indian. I know for sure and it's also stated in the website that you have to attend in person, so both you and your wife will have to go to submitt the form and papers. Your passport will not be given back on the same day. They say 24/48 hours. In my experience is always been at least 48. Just one of you need to go back. Collection is between 12 pm and 13 pm ONLY. You can go on a different day if you prefer but better to tell them when you apply.
Hope this helps.
Good luck

Mylogin
Newly Registered

Post by Mylogin » Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:38 pm

Thanks for the information.