ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Documents to required to make 1st time Passport Application

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

chico1
Newly Registered

Documents to required to make 1st time Passport Application

Post by chico1 » Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:13 pm

Hi All,
I need some clarification please, I am in the process of filling out the British passport application form and on it says that for 1st time applicants you need to send the naturalisation certificate and " The passport on which you entered UK"
My question is:
Is this passport on which I entered the UK the first time I came into the country 11 yrs ago(which is now expired), or is it my current passport.

I called the passport application help line the women on the other end wasnt sure , she said send all the passports that you have.
I would appreciate as to how others have done it.

Thanks

jazbaati99

Post by jazbaati99 » Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:06 pm

My understanding is that you need to send them all passports. I send my Pakistani passports (both valid and expired) along with the naturalization certificate when I applied for my British passport. In the other information box I did write the page number of the entry clearance on which I first entered UK, someone mentioned (don't remeber who) that they are interested to see the visa / entry clearance on which you first entered UK.

magata

Post by magata » Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:53 am

I sent both my expired and old passport, as according to the lady from the post office, apparently they want to see a continuoty of residency mainly to confirm identity. I always think that it is best to give more than less

Regards

Dawie
Diamond Member

Post by Dawie » Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:24 am

Many people don't have the original passport on which they entered the UK, especially if it was some time ago, so don't get too hung up about it if you don't have it.

If you have nothing else then even your driving license and naturalisation certificate would be sufficient to establish your identity and right to British citizenship.
In a few years time we'll look back on immigration control like we look back on American prohibition in the thirties - futile and counter-productive.

chico1
Newly Registered

Post by chico1 » Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:47 pm

Thanks for all the replies, I actually have three passports over the last 11 years. I am going to be using the check and send service and will take them all with me to the post office. If they advise that they need them all then thats what I will do.