ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP to ILR

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

raikal

HSMP to ILR

Post by raikal » Thu Apr 01, 2004 5:59 pm

Hi,

I came to UK as dependent in Sept 1999
I switched to WP in Dec 2000 and till Now.
So I should be getting ILR in Nov 2004 ( 4 weeks before Dec 2004 )

If I switch to HSMP now and if it gets approved by June 2004, Am I eligible for ILR immediately after June 2004 ?

some where I read that even Dependent stay can be amalgamated ?
Please confirm.
I dont see any such thing in immigration rules..

ND
Member of Standing

Post by ND » Thu Apr 01, 2004 7:48 pm

If u are dependant of a visa holder which leads to Indefinite Leave To Remain eg:Work Permit holder.Than i think u can get ILR if u switch to HSMP.

Joseph
Member of Standing

Post by Joseph » Fri Apr 02, 2004 11:06 am

raikal

Your 4-year ILR clock started when you switched to WP in December 2004. You can apply in November is you stated.

Joseph

raikal

Post by raikal » Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:09 pm

Thanks joseph, but it is bit confusing..as the ILR procedure for HSMP states on IND sites as below.

(i) has had a continuous period of at least 4 years' leave to enter or remain in the United Kingdom in this capacity or has had a continuous period of at least 4 years' leave to enter or remain in the United Kingdom which includes periods of leave to enter or remain granted under
paragraphs 128 - 319 of these Rules; an

And dependent stay is covered between 128 - 319.

That means...if I get HSMP next month, I should be eligible for ILR as I have already completed 4 years stay as detailed above.

please confirm

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Fri Apr 02, 2004 5:08 pm

Amalgamation is possible to obtain ILR at an earlier stage as you plan on doing but is based on whether you were a dependent (back in 1999) of someone in a category leading to settlement e.g. a Work Permit holder (eligible) or otherwise e.g. a student (not eligible).

raikal

Post by raikal » Mon Apr 05, 2004 9:46 am

Thanka kalayami.

I was dependant to WP holder.
I went to HomeOffice in Sept 1999 and stated that for the period of dependant stay I was in full time IT job and did not require work permit to work. And have asked them to consider my dependent stay for ILR. they said no. This really looks funny...any dependent stay leading to settlement can be amalgamated to HSMP but not to WP even though the depenedent can prove that he was in full time job. Is there any way to get away with this ?

Thanks

tvt

Post by tvt » Mon Apr 05, 2004 10:22 am

HSMP is meant to be a Rolls Royce immigration category hence the favourable treatment. The only way to amalgamate WP + Dependent status towards ILR is to apply outside the rules. In these turbulent days at the IND it is highly unlikely that such an application will be considered outside the rules.
-----------------------------------
<<<N. N. - G. N.>>>

Johnson02
BANNED

Post by Johnson02 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:08 am

I agree that the matter of declared income is usually in relation to the last year of employment.

Oasis-inin
Newly Registered

Post by Oasis-inin » Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:39 am

Hi Johnson..

I think you have replied to a query which is eight and half years old.

Many thanks