ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

No receipt by HO/UKVI or email confirmation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

omsai7
Newly Registered

No receipt by HO/UKVI or email confirmation

Post by omsai7 » Mon May 29, 2017 11:31 pm

Hi, I applied on 16th. I haven't received any email with the confirmation of my application or any correspondence from UKVI. It makes me nervous. I applied via NCS. What should I do ?
Thanks.

plabo
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Re: No receipt by HO/UKVI or email confirmation

Post by plabo » Mon May 29, 2017 11:58 pm

Wait...

Can take even 3-4 weeks...see other timelines

astonished

Post by astonished » Tue May 30, 2017 1:11 am

I've noticed processing timelines for April and May applicants has really slowed to a bit of a crawl. A few weeks to get the confirmation, compared to Jan and Feb where confirmation came through only a few days after application submission.

funkeq
Newly Registered

Post by funkeq » Tue May 30, 2017 10:31 am

I applied on 18th of April 2017, no letter of acknowledgement, no money taken from my account. I only received email on 5th of may 2017. Nothing more since then.

lulu2
Newly Registered

Post by lulu2 » Tue May 30, 2017 11:09 am

I applied on the 15th and only received the email yesterday. That's 14 days which is a bit long but seems to be the case for applications made April onwards.

omsai7
Newly Registered

Post by omsai7 » Tue May 30, 2017 4:07 pm

Thanks. Should I be worried that someone who applied before me has already received acknowledgement email? :(

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Tue May 30, 2017 7:50 pm

omsai7 wrote:Thanks. Should I be worried that someone who applied before me has already received acknowledgement email? :(
I sympathise with having to wait without any indication of progress - been through it myself - but do not worry the answer will come eventually, and in most cases is relatively fast. However, every application is different, and nobody here knows the intricate workings of UKVI. Even couples who applied together got their individual decisions at different times.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

omsai7
Newly Registered

Post by omsai7 » Wed May 31, 2017 6:14 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
omsai7 wrote:Thanks. Should I be worried that someone who applied before me has already received acknowledgement email? :(
I sympathise with having to wait without any indication of progress - been through it myself - but do not worry the answer will come eventually, and in most cases is relatively fast. However, every application is different, and nobody here knows the intricate workings of UKVI. Even couples who applied together got their individual decisions at different times.
Thanks. I received an email today. But my wife hasn't, so now she is panicking. Hopefully, she gets an email notifications too. What happens once you receive an email? Wait for the letter for biometrics?

Thanks.

anoshka1976
Newly Registered

Post by anoshka1976 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:26 am

I applied on the 15th May and only naturalisation fee deducted about week ago.No email, letters. I am little panicking too.

lulu2
Newly Registered

Post by lulu2 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:45 am

From what I understand, after the email (or no email), you wait for the letter requesting biometrics (if you need to have then done).
After you have done the biometrics, you just wait to receive an answer confirming citizenship or not.
This is my understanding of the process.

omsai7
Newly Registered

Post by omsai7 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:03 pm

lulu2 wrote:From what I understand, after the email (or no email), you wait for the letter requesting biometrics (if you need to have then done).
After you have done the biometrics, you just wait to receive an answer confirming citizenship or not.
This is my understanding of the process.
Thanks. How long does it generally take from the email acknowledgement till one receives the letter. I have been constantly checking my mail box. No letter yet :(

Muira
United States of America

Post by Muira » Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:31 pm

omsai7 wrote:Thanks. How long does it generally take from the email acknowledgement till one receives the letter. I have been constantly checking my mail box. No letter yet :(
The letter will arrive in a 2nd class envelope, so it can take a week or so after they posted it.

anoshka1976
Newly Registered

Post by anoshka1976 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:14 pm

Is there any way to check if biometric request letter have been posted?
I applied for BC on 15 May and still any letters / email received. I am worrying that biometric letter was lost in the post...

plabo
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by plabo » Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:42 pm

anoshka1976 wrote:Is there any way to check if biometric request letter have been posted?
No!