ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 application,URGENT

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

msansari88
Newly Registered

MN1 application,URGENT

Post by msansari88 » Tue May 30, 2017 1:20 pm

Hi,

I would like to know whether the home office makes any checks on the employability and earnings of the parents when considering MN1 application Section 1(3). As i remenber I had not sent in any letter that states where I work and how much I earn? Its been more than 3 months since I've applied for his registration and passport. I know its only been 3 months and that the home office wont get back to me before 6 months of process time but is this something that could cause a delay.

Feedback is highly appreciable

plabo
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Re: MN1 application,URGENT

Post by plabo » Tue May 30, 2017 1:35 pm

I don't think so.

msansari88
Newly Registered

Post by msansari88 » Tue May 30, 2017 1:55 pm

plabo wrote:I don't think so.
So basically its a waiting game then, its a bit frustrating to be honest that posters have applied for the application days after me and have received the passports whilst I am still waiting for one. This is the 14th week since I have applied. Not too sure how the home office operates :/

plabo
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by plabo » Wed May 31, 2017 9:19 am

I am also waiting. Applied for 2 children via NCS on 9th March.

See my timeline/other threads.

They messed it up and took passport fees 2 months apart (for each child) after my numerous emails and letters posted which finally woke them up to realise their mistake.

msansari88
Newly Registered

Post by msansari88 » Wed May 31, 2017 12:40 pm

Hi there,

received the registration certificate today phew, finally now i can book some holidays :)
Best of luck mate, hopefully you'll get your soon

plabo
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by plabo » Wed May 31, 2017 1:03 pm

Congrats.

Looks like in your case again 3 months and 4 days since the date you submitted.

Can you please confirm if Royal Mail delivered it? Did they ask for a signature or just popped it through the door? Is it a large envelope?

Also, please let know when the passport office sends you a SMS and when you receive the passport. Also, which courier delivers the passport?

msansari88
Newly Registered

Post by msansari88 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:23 am

plabo wrote:Congrats.

Looks like in your case again 3 months and 4 days since the date you submitted.

Can you please confirm if Royal Mail delivered it? Did they ask for a signature or just popped it through the door? Is it a large envelope?

Also, please let know when the passport office sends you a SMS and when you receive the passport. Also, which courier delivers the passport?
yes 3 months and 4 days exactly since I received my son's registration document. It was an A4 sized envelope and delivered through Royal Mail. I was in office when the letter was popped through my letter box, so yea no signature required.

No, there wasnt any sms received when the letter was given out. I am now awaiting the passport of my son.

msansari88
Newly Registered

Post by msansari88 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:20 am

Received my son's passport today, and there wasnt any signature required, they just dropped it through the letter box again.

Best of luck mate :D

plabo
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by plabo » Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:20 am

U can call the passport office and give them the barcode from NCS and ask them the status of paasport.

Alternatively, you can also call DX courier and give them your postcode and ask if anything is listed for delivery and when. They will even give you the tracking number.

plabo
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by plabo » Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:36 am

Perfect.

Sorry I didn't see your post before replying. Enjoy now, all is done :)

Sapna234
Newly Registered
India

Post by Sapna234 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:06 am

Hi does anybody know is it ok to submit mn1 application with only father ilr documents as mothers documents are with home office and baby is born in uk in 2016 is it necessary to submit marriage certificate if father is applying...Thanks in advance

msansari88
Newly Registered

Post by msansari88 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:12 am

Sapna234 wrote:Hi does anybody know is it ok to submit mn1 application with only father ilr documents as mothers documents are with home office and baby is born in uk in 2016 is it necessary to submit marriage certificate if father is applying...Thanks in advance
You can submit the child's application with father's ILR biometric card. Yes you can also show your marriage certificate as well but if it is necessary I am not too sure. It would be wise to submit your child's documents through JCAP NCS as the time taken for both postal and through NCS are pretty much similar but by going through NCS you can keep the originals back whilst they check your docs, photocopy them and send it over. This way you will receive the passport in a few days since the registration cert is received

Sapna234
Newly Registered
India

Post by Sapna234 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:19 am

Ok thank you for ur reply ,did u application went to Liverpool home office we already posted our application in march 1 week using ncs service and waiting for reply but juz worried as haven't submitted our marriage certificate and mother documents and ncs officer said it's fine but just want to make sure did any one received their application with only father documents.

msansari88
Newly Registered

Post by msansari88 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:25 am

Sapna234 wrote:Ok thank you for ur reply ,did u application went to Liverpool home office we already posted our application in march 1 week using ncs service and waiting for reply but juz worried as haven't submitted our marriage certificate and mother documents and ncs officer said it's fine but just want to make sure did any one received their application with only father documents.
It should be fine, if the officer has said yes then you shouldn't worry about it and in case if there were any docs missing you would have received another letter to send in other docs if they would have required. Yes it went to the Liverpool home office

Sapna234
Newly Registered
India

Post by Sapna234 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:25 am

msansari88 wrote:
Sapna234 wrote:Ok thank you for ur reply ,did u application went to Liverpool home office we already posted our application in march 1 week using ncs service and waiting for reply but juz worried as haven't submitted our marriage certificate and mother documents and ncs officer said it's fine but just want to make sure did any one received their application with only father documents.
It should be fine, if the officer has said yes then you shouldn't worry about it and in case if there were any docs missing you would have received another letter to send in other docs if they would have required. Yes it went to the Liverpool home office
Can u please tell me with what documents you posted for my peace of mind ??

msansari88
Newly Registered

Post by msansari88 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:54 am

Sapna234 wrote:
msansari88 wrote:
Can u please tell me with what documents you posted for my peace of mind ??
1. the mn1 application form
2. passport application
3. my passport and biometric card
4. child's birth certificate
5. Proof of address (optional)
6. Marriage certificate and translated copy (optional)

Photocopies of the first 4 were taken, the other 2 she just glanced and took copies just because I insisted though she did say that it would not be necessary.Hope that helps

msansari88
Newly Registered

Post by msansari88 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:56 am

I would also like to mention that the way they work has no system, I know a lot of people who submitted their biometrics after me but received the passport 2 weeks earlier than me. I think it just depends who is handling the case

Sapna234
Newly Registered
India

Post by Sapna234 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:00 am

msansari88 wrote:I would also like to mention that the way they work has no system, I know a lot of people who submitted their biometrics after me but received the passport 2 weeks earlier than me. I think it just depends who is handling the case
Thank you very much for your help and ya it's totally a luck factor I know and did your references got contacted?

msansari88
Newly Registered

Post by msansari88 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:07 am

Sapna234 wrote:
msansari88 wrote:I would also like to mention that the way they work has no system, I know a lot of people who submitted their biometrics after me but received the passport 2 weeks earlier than me. I think it just depends who is handling the case
Thank you very much for your help and ya it's totally a luck factor I know and did your references got contacted?
No one got contacted. When did you submit your biometrics

Sapna234
Newly Registered
India

Post by Sapna234 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:21 am

msansari88 wrote:
Sapna234 wrote:
I think it's on 18 march

msansari88
Newly Registered

Post by msansari88 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:38 am

Sapna234 wrote:
msansari88 wrote:
Sapna234 wrote:
I think it's on 18 march
Ohh I think you must receive the certificate and passport in the next 2 weeks hopefully as the average seems to be just a little over 3 months if you read the timelines

Sapna234
Newly Registered
India

Post by Sapna234 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:53 pm

Ya hope so and when am checking the status it was showing AWAITING DECISION updated on may 25

msansari88
Newly Registered

Post by msansari88 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:08 am

Sapna234 wrote:Ya hope so and when am checking the status it was showing AWAITING DECISION updated on may 25
really how can you check the status? let me know so i can pass it forward to my friend

Sapna234
Newly Registered
India

Post by Sapna234 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:54 am

msansari88 wrote:
Sapna234 wrote:Ya hope so and when am checking the status it was showing AWAITING DECISION updated on may 25
really how can you check the status? let me know so i can pass it forward to my friend
Yes u can go to uk visas and immigration and there options to select checking application status for citizenship and I think it's a newly started even I don't know but after lot of research I came through it and for it type in google uk citizenship helpline the first result will take u to it ......hope this help