ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Settlement visa - call missed from home office

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hm7
Mood:
United Kingdom

Spouse Settlement visa - call missed from home office

Post by hm7 » Tue May 30, 2017 3:52 pm

hi,

My wife applied for the Settlement visa, biometrics given on 28 Feb 2017. We received 'case not straight forward' email on 23 May 2017 and since then waiting to hear more from home office. I am the sponsor of this visa application.

So today I called home office 'outside UK contact centre' to know the status of our application. I was told by the lady that our application is still in progress and can't be escalated at this point. She also mentioned that case worker may contact me (as a sponsor) for more information. She said that they will call for 3 times in case you can't attend first or second time...

So, unfortunately, when I checked my call history today, I realised I have missed two calls from (01324) numbers last week and missed one today morning. I tried to call back but its awlays saying line busy... blah blah...

Call received from the following numbers:
01324451071 - call missed on 24 May
01324451086 - call missed on 25 May
01324451213 - call missed on 30 May

Now I am not sure if these calls were from home office or just random calls. Can someone pls share their experience if they have also received calls from the home office, and are these numbers belong to the home office?

As the customer service lady said they will call 3 times, so this may be it and they won't call me again. In that case what will happen? And what should I do to reach them now?

Really stressed. Pls advise. Thanks in advance.

SimonS

Re: Spouse Settlement visa - call missed from home office

Post by SimonS » Tue May 30, 2017 5:21 pm

I don't know what number the home office would call you on or even it would show as a number or witheld. However, 01324 is the dialling code for Falkirk. I may be mistaken, but I don't think the HO would share a number with Falkirk.
I'm not an expert and only answer from my personal experience and understanding of the rules. Spouse Settlement Visa Granted for my wife July 2017. You should not take my advice as absolute.

AES90
- thin ice -

Post by AES90 » Tue May 30, 2017 5:37 pm

Hi

Don't worry. When HO called me for a different matter they used a withheld number. I was in a meeting at the time and they called 4-5 times before I answered.

Further - settlement cases are resolved in Sheffield which has a 0114 code. So likely it was not HO

hm7
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by hm7 » Tue May 30, 2017 8:15 pm

ok, thanks for your response guys.

Is there any other way I can contact home office, other than the usual outside UK phone number and email form, like any fax number or something?

Kay0814
Newly Registered

Post by Kay0814 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:32 pm

Did you get the number for Homeoffice then hm7?