ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do Passport Expiry affect Visa Validity?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

AvinashProdduturi
Newly Registered

Do Passport Expiry affect Visa Validity?

Post by AvinashProdduturi » Wed May 31, 2017 9:58 am

Hi Team, My passport is expiring on June 2018 and my company has initiated ict tier 2 long term visa for me. My question is will I get my visa validity till my passport end date or the normal 2 year. If I get the CoS for 1 year, can it be extended with out travelling back to home country.
Regards,
Avi

gag285
Member of Standing
India

Re: Do Passport Expiry affect Visa Validity?

Post by gag285 » Wed May 31, 2017 10:32 am

AvinashProdduturi wrote:alidity till my passport end date or the normal 2 year. If I get the CoS for 1 year, can it be extended with out travelling back to home country.
You will get leave based on your CoS end date. The passport should be valid at the time of the application and (off course when you travel). The extension of your visa will require you to have a valid passport which you should be able to do through the embassy of your home country (provided UK has one)